Data Review Lead - Environmental Chemistry
Interested in making a difference to the planet? Want to work with a team of Environmental Chemists who care about the protection of human health and the environment? Are you seeking broad exposure to environmental remediation and Superfund related cleanup processes with interaction with EPA on a regional level?
ICF is seeking a motivated Data Review Lead in Environmental Chemistry to join our team to support an EPA contract, the Environmental Services Assistance Team (ESAT) in Edison, NJ, and across the country. The team provides data validation soil, water, air, waste and tissue sample data related to chemical contaminants primarily supporting Superfund site assessment, remediation, and emergency response. You will lead a team of environmental chemists utilizing tools such as EXES Data Manager and following EPA guidance, primarily the National Functional Guidelines, to assess data usability for environmental decisions.
Work is available at various federal government laboratories across the US to include: Athens, GA; Chelmsford, MA; Houston, TX; Kansas City, KS; Ada, OK; Edison, NJ; Richmond, CA; Corvallis, OR; Seattle, WA; Ft. Meade, MD; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO.
- Supervise a team of up to 10 Chemists and environmental professionals providing data validation support
- Provide technical input to and technical oversight of the work performed
- Schedule, track and report assignments and work products
- Supervise, recruit, train and evaluate Chemists and administrative support personnel
- Client contact and technical presentation
- Ensure compliance with all technical, quality assurance, and safety requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in environmental chemistry to include performing or managing organic and/or inorganic analysis of environmental samples by EPA methods and providing data validation of the same analytical methods following the National Functional Guidelines (NFG)
- 5+ years of experience managing environmental analysis, data validation, or quality assurance activities (e.g. QAPP and SAP preparation and review) of a group of 5 or more chemists and/or laboratory staff of similar size
- Experience in Tier or Level 3 and 4 Data Review/Validation
- Experience with SMO Portal, EXES
- Advanced degree in chemistry
- Experience in high resolution mass spectrometry (HRMS) for dioxins and furans
- Radiochemistry analysis of environmental matrices (soil, water, air) and data validation of radiochemistry data following MARLAP guidance
- Recent “hands on” experience operating GC, GC/MS, ICP, ICP/MS, CVAA, HPLC, or similar systems including full use of applicable data acquisition and reporting software
- Proficiency with data acquisition, instrument reporting and Laboratory Information Management systems
- Experience in a CLP, NELAC-certified, DOD or DOE environmental laboratory is required
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New Jersey Client Office (NJ88)