Senior Project Manager - Cyber Capabilities
We’re looking for a Senior Project Manager with a computer science or information systems background with the experience and ability ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of a variety of cyber related platforms in production environments. This individual will oversee several engineering teams that perform system administration, development, platform engineering, and visualization support. These teams manage, maintain, and update a variety of deployed and internal products in various network environments. In this role you will work with contract technical leads and manage daily operations and maintenance tasks as needed to include, but not limited to project and task management, team coordination, resource management, and performance monitoring as well as working directly with client leadership and ensuring their issues are being resolved successfully and in a timely manner. In this role, you will regularly report ongoing activities and issues to the project’s Program Manager. This position is primarily located at Aberdeen Proving Ground Maryland. With occasional (few times a quarter) travel to Adelphi Maryland.
- Manage and maintain a layered team of up to 40 professionals with at least 4 direct reports.
- Perform project and task management related to all engineering, administration, and development capabilities.
- Perform management of team resources using matrix management.
- Manage solutions to contract requirements, client request and associated deliverables.
- Support accreditation efforts by working with other contract staff on ensuring Industry and DoD standards are followed and by facilitating the delivery of required artifacts.
- Communicate issues to leadership and deliver status updates, both as directed, and on regular, daily, and weekly reporting cycles
- Provide quality customer service with excellent communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship and active DOD Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Management or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing telecommunications and/or datacenter projects
- 5+ years’ experience managing SCRUM/Agile software development or engineering projects
- 5+ years’ experience on DoD networks
- 3+ years’ experience leveraging matrix management within the administrative and logistical constraints
- Project Management Professional or an equivalent certification and/or experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic familiarity with DoD Information Assurance and/ or IT related policies and directives. Additional familiarity with Army equivalent policies and directives a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in environments that deploy and/or manage: Red Hat Linux, Puppet, Cloudera, Kibana, Elasticsearch, Postgres (or equivalent) Greenplum (or equivalent), big data platforms, custom web based applications, and server deployments to offsite customer locations.
- Strong understanding infrastructure management, change control, and configuration automation.
- Experience with DoD Information Assurance and/or Risk Management Framework experience as it applies to maintaining accreditations of software and systems.
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)