Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist
ICF is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist to work within the Enterprise Business Intelligence Solutions group located at our metro-accessible headquarters in Fairfax, VA. The BI Professional will play a critical technology role across the Business Intelligence organization. The BI Professional will lead the development and administration of BI platform and solutions based on Cognos 10/11 Platform. This is a great opportunity to help shape a world-class BI implementation.
What you will be doing….
- Help ensure the operational integrity of BI infrastructure and BI service delivery
- Work closely with implementation teams and internal subject matter experts to ensure the successful deployment of BI solutions across the enterprise
- Lead the requirement gathering, design, development, and configuration of BI solutions, including data models, OLAP cubes, reports, and dashboards
- Identify data integration, information delivery approaches, and process improvement areas across enterprise’s technology stack
What you will need….
- Bachelors degree, accounting, finance, information technology, or related fields
- 2+ years of experience in administration and development on Cognos 10i//11i BI platform, including Installation and Administration, and development in Report Studio, Framework Manager, and Event Studio
- 1+ years of experience working with Deltek Costpoint financial management system and its Cognos framework model
- 2+ years of experience in Data Modeling, including OLAP data sources
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Proven ability to lead initiatives and produce results
- Excellent problem solving skills, with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with both technical and business users
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Flexible schedule to address off-hour operational issues and deployments
What would be nice to have….
- Experience with Cognos TM1 11x platform
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS and Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with multi-currency, data integration, and change management approaches
- Experience with enterprise financial management and financial controls
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)