We are seeking a Proposal Manager, with Federal Government experience, that can provide proposal writing and proposal management oversight of proposal activities, including directing personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing the proposal outline and compliance matrix, developing volumes and written content, and monitoring the progress of the proposal.
The Proposal Manager may be required to be a volume lead and/or writer as well as manage the proposal process. This role is expected to provide leadership and management oversight to develop volumes and ensure that they are compliant with solicitation requirements.
What you will be doing….
- Manage and direct proposal efforts and staff personnel
- Participate in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes, and develop a Proposal Management Plan
- Coordinate with company management to assemble proposal teams of resources, recommending internal resources and/or external resources when required
- Create a proposal outline and use it throughout the proposal development effort
- Analyze the RFP requirements against the proposal outline to ensure compliance and responsiveness to the customer's issues and needs throughout the proposal development effort
- Create the proposal compliance matrix and track the fulfillment of all requirements throughout the proposal development effort
- Review completed storyboards and proposal sections to ensure requirements are addressed and that customer page limits are met
- Conduct regular proposal progress status meetings and maintain the proposal schedule
- Conduct color team reviews, internal/external evaluation of the technical, management, past performance and overall proposal approaches, and senior management sign-off
- Ensure that the appropriate comments are incorporated into the proposal
- Direct writing/editing/rewriting efforts and graphic concepts development as needed
- Coordinate between the cost volume and the technical/management so that they are consistent
What you will need…
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 8+ years’ Federal Government proposal management, support, and/or writing experience
- Understanding of, and experience with, the Federal procurement process and regulations (e.g. FAR)Evidence of a successful track record of high quality, high scoring proposals
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work to meet deadlines (nights, weekends, and holidays at times)Ability to develop and/or assist technical and capture personnel in developing compelling themes, discriminators, and messaging
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Up-to-date knowledge of marketing, editing, graphic design, and other relevant proposal best practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage geographically disparate teams
- Ability to create original content using interview and research techniques
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing covering all typical solicitation sections (e.g., Management, Technical, Staffing)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)