Events Marketing / Project Specialist
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring an Events Marketing / Project Specialist in our Fairfax, VA office.
As an Events Marketing / Project Specialist, you will:
- Support the planning, development, and implementation of marketing and communications activities to support meeting and conference-related marketing activities, including exhibit booths, develop marketing materials, as well as other various support function for our various clients across the country.
- Have the opportunity to collaborate with the client and other members of the team, to plan and deliver in-person and online events.
- Develop work plans and track milestones and timelines for multiple meetings and conferences simultaneously.
- Oversee and facilitate all aspects of meeting planning: ordering supplies, printing/packing/shipping of materials, registration, and marketing outreach.
- Provide support for virtual conference including coordination of pre-conference needs, all needs on site, and follow up needs for reporting and lessons learned.
- Partner with the Creative team on creating and editing conference programs, signage, and other promotional or event materials.
- Have demonstrated experience with onsite event management: conference logistics (including audiovisual rental, signage, poster board rental, and material preparation), speaker reimbursements, onsite staffing and post-event reporting.
- Provide input and recommendations for marketing plans and outreach activities, as created by the utility marketing team.
- Create invoices and receipts as requested; track expenses for event budget reconciliation.
- Coordinate logistics for webinars, including setting up the webinar platform, and arranging transcription and a summary of the meeting as assigned.
- Develop and maintain conference exhibit booth inventory and track and update dissemination of conference materials.
- Work closely with marketing and dissemination team to coordinate and manage marketing and dissemination efforts through conference exhibit booths and website.
As an Events Marketing / Project Specialist, you will have:
- A Bachelor's degree and 5 (five) or more years of demonstrated event marketing experience required.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Strong team orientation with a focus on collaboration.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to jump in where needed.
- Experience interfacing with clients.
- Experience with GovDelivery, GoToWebinar, Eventbrite, Cvent, or similar a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- Willing and able to travel up to 20% annually (domestically).
Job Location(s): This individual will sit in our Fairfax, VA or Rockville, MD office.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)