Cyber Defense Analyst
ICF is currently seeking several ambitious Cyber Defense Analyst to manage security systems that protect access privileges, control structures, and resources for a large scale DoD program located in Adelphi, MD.
- Evaluates system requirements and applications to identify and address critical security and privacy issues.
- Examines and analyzes internal and external data sources to enhance system process, efficiency and performance.
- Ensures that the security and privacy posture is maintained for training systems and works in close collaboration with the Lead Information Management and Training Platform Engineer.
- Serves as a principal advisor on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security and privacy controls for training systems.
- Ensures day-to-day system security and privacy operations.
- 3-10 years relevant IT experience
- 5 years relevant IA and/or security experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Security clearance required
- A solid understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field
- Advanced knowledge of network technologies and protocols
- Understanding of network hardware devices and experience configuring Access Control Lists or other Firewall or Router configuration experience
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts
- certifications: (CEH,
- PCAP and Network Log Analysis
- Application and Host Log Analysis
- Cloud Defense Specialist- Non-Traditional Network Defense Specialist
- Initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX and Windows OS security
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)