Document Formatting Specialist - On Call (remote)
ICF is seeking a professional On-call Document Formatting Specialist (REMOTE) to work variable hours supporting proposals and business development materials for ICF’s Public Sector Group. Primary responsibilities will be formatting proposal materials, primarily in Word. The formatter may also work in PowerPoint, Illustrator, InDesign, or Photoshop—he or she should have experience with and access to these programs.
The position will require formatting proposals on a wide variety of topics (e.g., cyber security, global health issues, communications, disaster response, program evaluation). The intent is to produce proposal materials in an appealing, easy-to-read and use, and consistent format. He/she will also ensure that specifications regarding font, headings, footnotes, references, and spacing are observed in the formatting of the documents.
The Document Formatter will combine multiple files (at times in different formats) into final combined files and PDFs. Potential additional tasks include creating or revising graphics such as org charts or process flow diagrams in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, or Excel) or graphics software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite). The Document Formatter will also create tables of contents, other front matter, and appendices.
Qualified candidates should be able to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet tight deadlines. This is a remote, on-call position and may be worked from home. The candidate must have own PC with Windows operating system (with current Microsoft Office 365 software and virus protection and Adobe Acrobat Professional) to perform this work. Formatting timelines can vary dramatically, so flexibility is greatly appreciated in regard to working during the day, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Format documents, including text, headings, reference citations, charts/tables, graphics, and figures.
- Ensure that formatting specifications are consistently followed within documents, including font and heading styles and appropriate spacing.
- Provide excellent customer service, communicate effectively with internal clients, and meet project deadlines.
- Expert knowledge of formatting and document assembly using MS Office, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. A formatting test will be administered.
- Proficiency with MS Word’s Track Changes and comments functions
- Knowledge of creating, adapting, and applying document styles and creating templates.
- Close adherence to our house style and client style guidelines.
- Experience with formatting graphics using MS Office and/or graphics software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficiency using Adobe PDF, including the comments functions.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a professional setting, providing formatting and/or word processing services.
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in design, communications, English, journalism, or related field preferred.
- Experience formatting proposals for Federal agencies is preferred.
- Familiarity with various reference formats, including APA, Chicago, and AMA, is preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment is ideal.
- Desktop publishing skills (e.g., experience with InDesign) are a plus.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills required.
- Should be able to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet deadlines.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information, required.
- Good organizational/problem-solving skills and attention to detail are highly desired.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)