ICF’s Corporate Growth and Strategy Team is searching for a senior-level Capture Strategy and Management professional that can lead large capture efforts on a wide range of opportunities that are strategic and high-value customers. The Capture Strategy and Management Executive will work along with Business Development professionals, Technical Sales executives, Capture Strategists, Capture & Proposal Managers, operational business managers, and other technical delivery resources to focus on high value capture opportunities (>$50M). As a part of the Corporate Growth team, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of capture strategy and management for target opportunities, including call plan strategies and client meetings, teaming strategies, technical and management solutions, pricing strategies, capture strategy reviews, and pre-proposal activities to position for upcoming solicitations. Target opportunities may include a wide range of clients and requirements across the federal market, including Technology Solutions, Health, Energy, International Development, Transportation or Disaster Management. While the focus is largely on Federal clients, expertise in commercial and local government environments is also desired.
This role requires a high degree of business acumen, technical education or related experience, resourcefulness, and an internal/external customer relations-oriented individual. Candidate must have a proven record of winning new and follow-on business of significant size ($>50M) and leading large capture teams. The Capture Strategy and Management Executive must have exceptional presentation and communication skills and must be able to be creative and adapt to a wide range of opportunities. The position will report to the Senior Vice President of the Corporate Growth Strategy Team.
What you will be doing….
The successful candidate assumes responsibility for developing and executing the overall capture strategy associated with an approved pursuit effort to increase the win probability of new projects. Duties may include orchestrating bid strategy, providing oversight of the development of the cost volume, and creating sales teams.
Candidate must follow corporate processes for business development and capture management. This will include working closely with the responsible leader within an operating group, supporting the transition from lead generation into capture, assembling a capture team and managing the capture team to successful contract bid and win, contacting existing clients and partners, communicating the organization’s core capabilities, and establishing internal and external teaming. Additional responsibilities include: developing (with technical and SME support) solutions for assigned opportunities; managing relationships with partners and corporate staff for proposed solution development; participating in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews. The candidate will work in coordination with a Senior Proposal Manager as an advisor to the proposal phase to ensure capture strategies and win themes carry through to the proposal products. The Capture Manager is responsible for managing all the activities necessary to transform qualified opportunities into wins. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of US Government contracting, contract types and procurement processes and must be team-oriented and demonstrate strong reasoning and communications skills, both oral and written.
What you will need….
- Excellent communication skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations and industry leading market research tools
- Experience in capturing large contracts (>$50-$100M Total Contract Value) with emphasis on opportunity qualification and shaping into solution and proposal submission
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development, including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competition, team leadership, etc.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Must be highly collaborative and exhibit the ability to work across a diverse set of groups and stakeholders. Must work in a blended and integrated capture team.
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal materials
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- The candidate must be an organized, competitive, highly skilled professional who is comfortable working in very fluid situations with excellent leadership and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)