ICF is seeking an Environmental Chemist to support our USEPA Region 9 Environmental Services Assistance Team in Richmond, CA.
What you will be doing…
- Work in a team to conduct analysis of environmental samples (water, soil, air, and biota).
- Assignments will require maintenance, calibration and operation of laboratory instrumentation to determine contaminants (fuel hydrocarbons, polychlorinated biphenyls, metals, nutrients, etc.) or characterize soil or water with respect to organic and inorganic constituents.
- Perform laboratory support activities such as inventory, reagent quality control, glassware cleaning and preparation, housekeeping, etc. on a routine basis.
- Responsible for scheduling, filing, and reporting data using a laboratory information management system (LIMS).
- Responsible for strict adherence to standard operating procedures, health and safety policies and practices, and quality control requirements.
What you will need…
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field required.
- 1+ years of environmental analysis experience using EPA methodologies is preferred.
- Proficiency with EPA methodologies and environmental analytical techniques (e.g. continuous liquid-liquid extraction, pressurized fluid extraction, Soxhlet extraction, acid digestion for metals and nutrients, GC-FID, GC-ECD, GC-MS, ICP-AES, IC) is preferred.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office) are required.
- Attention to detail; excellent verbal and written communication skills; and ability to work both independently and collaboratively are required.
- Occasional travel (driving, air travel) is required. Must possess a clean driving record.
- Schedule may include weekends (2 to 8 hours, up to two Saturdays per month).
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Richmond, CA (CA47)