Senior IT Project Manager
ICF International has a current opening for a Senior IT Project Manager to join our team supporting a large, business analysis and management support services contract within a CIO organization. The candidate will work closely with both IT Infrastructure and Application teams as well as Business functional teams to identify project deliverables, develop project scope and manage resources and activities to ensure project deliverables are met on time and within budget. This position will be located in Arlington, VA.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as an IT Project Manager with a focus on managing and delivering on IT Infrastructure projects and initiatives. Infrastructure knowledge including racks, UPS, switch configuration, patching, server builds, Wi-Fi networks is highly desired.
- Develop, review and analyze project management documents that include but not limited to Project Charters, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Program/Project Management Plans and supporting plans, Risk Management Plans, Communication Plans, etc. according to organizational standards
- Work closely with Business, Network Engineer/Operations, Client Services, and Service Providers to ensure an accurate and efficient delivery of network resources.
- Influence effectively between the Business IT to support delivery, risk mitigation, change management, and issue resolution
- Plan, supervise, and track the configuration, deployment, and installation of IT infrastructure equipment and devices
- Analyze alternative options and recommending the most suitable and economically feasible for the project
- Maintain and present project status reports, seeking direction from management, as appropriate.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field; project management and/or general business management; or equivalent, related IT experience
- 10 years of IT Projects experience.
- 8 years of Enterprise and infrastructure experience coordinating operations of multiple technical environments with cross functional teams, including network engineering, operations, support, and facilities management.
- Strong understanding of current infrastructure concepts including servers, VMware, storage, networks, data centers and monitoring in a fast paced, high availability environment.
- Ability to get the respect of the senior technical teams to lead projects, coordinate teams and handle issues and problems effectively in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand people and technologies and to know what questions to ask to guide someone through solving a problem.
- 5 years of network infrastructure implementation.
Nice to have:
- Working understanding of and experience with federal cyber security models and frameworks to support the project team to meet client security requirements (e.g., FISMA, C&A, Authority to Operate, HIPAA, Identity and Access Management).
- Working knowledge of SharePoint as an advanced user or site owner.
- Understanding of the ServiceNow platform for IT service management.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)