Web Content and Outreach Coordinator
ICF is seeking a Senior Web Content Coordinator and Writer to support our National Institutes of Health/National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM) client. The National Institutes of Health, a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary Federal agency for conducting and supporting medical research (http://www.nih.gov/). The NLM collects, organizes, and makes available biomedical science information to scientists, health professionals, and the public (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/).
The successful candidate will have excellent writing skills, experience writing for the web under deadlines, strong customer-facing skills, experience gathering content requirements, experience working with content management systems, and a background in user-centered design. The successful candidate will also collaborate with information specialists, technical developers, and client stakeholders to create, review and maintain content for NLM. Candidates will thrive if they have general knowledge in clinical trial regulations and policies.
- Work with the client and team to develop and maintain public-facing documentation and online content in accordance with NLM requirements
- Assist clients in writing, reviewing, refining, and approving web content, links and documentation for publication
- Develop content for and coordinate the release of e-mail bulletins and public communications
- Provide on-site expertise in technical writing, editing and process analysis
- Perform content inventories and content assessments
- Organize and manage data collection surveys in accordance with NLM requirements and policies
- Support the conduct of training workshops, public meetings, conferences, web-based trainings and webinars
- Work with staff to evaluate workflows and enhance communication strategies; analyze current processes and recommend improvements to respond to the needs of the user community
- Manage and develop content workflows and processes; work with staff to ensure that documentation approvals, effective dates, and changes are well managed and that documentation control procedures are consistently applied
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications, Web Development, Creative Writing, Business Administration, or related field
- 5+ years of experience writing web content
- Experience with medical writing and health literacy. General knowledge of clinical trial regulations, policies or guidance desired.
- Experience with Section 508 accessibility guidelines
- Experience with e-mail subscription management systems
- Ability to develop project plans, content workflow strategies and manage to timelines
- 4+ years of contracting experience; government experience desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- General knowledge of the OMB clearance process for information collection
- Ability to creatively translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand content appropriate for target audiences
- Experience using Confluence, JIRA or other content and change management tool suites
- Experience using Qualtrics and other web-based survey tools
- Ability to work in a team environment and an evolving business environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)