Compliance Analyst - CDBG
Are you interested in helping Texas create communities that are more resilient in the face of future disasters?
Join the ICF team and make a difference!
Our growing Disaster Management Division makes BIG things happen every day. The Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and long-term housing, economic and infrastructure recovery after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management and operations, planning and preparedness, technical assistance and training, strategic communications and outreach, compliance and monitoring, and performance measurement and evaluation.
ICF is seeking a Compliance Analyst to help the State of Texas manage federal grants to carry out strategic and high-impact activities to mitigate disaster risks and reduce future losses in its communities. This position will ensure Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) and CDBG Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) funds are administered in compliance with federal requirements. The job requires knowledge of both CDBG-DR and CDBG-MIT as well as related applicable federal grant and program administrative requirements, attention to details, and basic accounting skills.
- Successfully manages multiple priorities, project needs, and competing deadlines and rapidly adapts to changing production requirements and schedules.
- Reviews housing, infrastructure, and buyout program applications and project files for compliance with all program and CDBG-DR/CDBG-MIT requirements.
- Provides compliance training to GLO, its subrecipients, and ICF staff.
- Conducts analyses on current processes and work with team leads to identify, document, and prioritize process improvements.
- Assists with internal program and subrecipient monitoring.
- Assist with developing corrective actions for subrecipients.
- Prepares and maintains records, documents, and logs and prepares required reports on grant compliance.
- Performs routine internal reviews of existing processes to ensure that procedures effectively ensure compliance with federal and local regulations or requirements.
- Performs onsite inspections to ensure compliance, as needed.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration.
- 2 years of experience working in a similar role ensuring compliance of federally funded projects and programs (CDBG and CDBG-DR strongly preferred).
- Knowledge of CDBG-DR best practices, HUD regulations, and cross-cutting federal requirements. This would include knowledge of 2 CFR 200, 24 CFR 570, and the URA.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to provide expert recommendations to both senior leadership and clients.
- Prior experience with FEMA or HUD policies and procedures.
- Data management and reporting skills (e.g., Sharepoint, Excel, Power BI, etc.) necessary to display resolution-oriented compliance findings or concerns.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Remote Office (TX99)