Interested in making a difference to the planet? Want to work with a team of Environmental Chemists who care about the protection of human health and the environment? Are you seeking broad exposure to environmental remediation and Superfund related cleanup processes with interaction with EPA on a regional level? Enjoy travelling for your work?
ICF is seeking motivated FIELD SCIENTISTS (Laboratory Emphasis) to join our team of environmental professionals (including Environmental Scientists, Chemists, Biologists, Geologists, etc.) to support an EPA contract, the Environmental Services Assistance Team (ESAT), across the country. The team performs soil, water, air, waste and tissue sample analysis for chemical contaminants primarily supporting Superfund site assessment, remediation, and emergency response but also for compliance under the Safe Drinking Water Act and the Clean Water Act. The team supports EPA’s ambient air monitoring programs through sampling air for Pb and particulates and auditing ambient air analyzers for ozone, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, and nitrous oxide under the Clean Air Act.
Work is available at various federal government laboratories across the US to include: Athens, GA; Edison, NJ; Richmond, CA; Corvallis, OR; Seattle, WA; Ft. Meade, MD; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO. Duties may also include assisting with laboratory analysis. Frequent travel, including overnight travel, is required and duties may include small boat operation.
We seek Field Scientists who will be responsible for field measurements and collection and analysis of environmental samples. Duties will include planning and mobilizing/demobilizing for field events; maintaining, transporting, operating and repairing sampling equipment; taking field measures (e.g., stream flow, water quality) and collecting, preparing, packaging, shipping, analyzing field samples, including biological samples; and documenting chain-of-custody, preparing sampling reports, and contributing to analytical reports using MS Office applications.
Basic Qualifications (depending on specific position)
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline, or equivalent
- 3+ years of environmental analysis experience
- Experiences in Air Quality and Air Sampling
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and able to drive long distances (in company-provided vehicle)
- Able to lift and carry 40 pounds
- Able to pass required field Health and Safety training and annual Medical Monitoring
- Proficiency with GC and GC/MS instrumentation and EPA methodologies
The successful candidate must be able to work both independently and as member of a team of scientists and technicians
- Have or be able to obtain authorization for access to Federal facilities
- Be able to run equipment not modeling
- 40 hour HAZWOPER and other related safety training
- Experience working in a field laboratory (i.e. on-site)
- 1+ years of environmental sample analysis experience
- 1+ years of biological (e.g., macroinvertebrate) sample collection experience
- Mechanical capabilities to operate and care for field equipment, including analytical instrumentation
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Experience working at Federal facilities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)