Commercial Energy Internship (Summer 2020)
Commercial Energy Internship
Analyzing fuel and power markets, improving energy efficiency in concert with renewable energy and distributed generation programs, advising on regulatory compliance. In these areas and more, you’ll find ICF. Backed by 40+ years of experience, our energy experts work at the intersection of policy and practice, helping government and commercial clients worldwide devise effective energy strategies, develop and implement programs for today, and tomorrow.
ICF Commercial Energy Interns contribute to the development of innovative, analytical, high quality and commercially relevant products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. Our Interns are given opportunities to work on assignments that foster growth and allow them to develop solutions within the power, gas, renewable energy, and distributed resources sectors. Through client engagements, colleague and peer interactions, and specialized training, ICF Interns develop subject matter expertise and project management skills.
This opportunity is available to current undergraduate and graduate level students seeking internships for summer 2020 for an approximate 10-week period in Fairfax, VA (DC metro area).
- Perform advanced quantitative and economic analysis of energy and environmental markets
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of ICF proprietary models and data bases
- Evaluate the impact of future regulation and support the development of client strategies to manage change
- Write analysis for major corporate and government clients deliverables
- Support sales and client development efforts with market research, proposal development and thought leadership
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or a Master’s degree program in Energy Policy, Economics, Mathematics, Business, Operations Research, Engineering, or related subjects. Candidates majoring in other fields must clearly demonstrate equivalent quantitative aptitude
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and other basic software tools
- Strong interest in energy economics and markets. Candidates seeking long-term careers in the energy industry are highly encouraged to apply
- Passion for the energy industry
- A passion for solving complex problems
- Strong intellectual curiosity, and enthusiasm to learn beyond what is required for daily tasks
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Team-oriented, ability to thrive in group solutions
- Ability to work with and understand technical concepts, while also being able to communicate them to varied audiences
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)