Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
CDBG-DR/CDBG-MIT Policy and Compliance Program Support Subject Matter Experts - Policy
The Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and long-term housing, economic and infrastructure recovery after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management and operations, planning and preparedness, technical assistance and training, strategic communications and outreach, compliance and monitoring, and performance measurement and evaluation.
Clients include states and localities administering HUD and FEMA funded disaster recovery programs. We often work in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on related issues such as energy efficiency and green building, infrastructure, financial literacy, and workforce development. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals pursue their passions and generate results.
ICF seeks CDBG-DR SMEs to draft program policies, guidebooks, forms, field memoranda and guidance documentation for a client in Missouri. In this role you will work directly with the client staff to recommend refinements to operation, documents, and policy to support the consistent and efficient implementation of federal requirements, and to assist with HUD reporting requirements and monitoring preparations.
- Support the staff during HUD monitoring visits including organizing selected files and other documents to be reviewed by HUD
- Review and align program policies with HUD regulations under 24 CFR 570, the allocating Federal Register Notice, and HUD CPD notices
- Review and respond to requests for information from field staff which require interpretations of program policy and HUD regulations related to case specific facts
- Provide policy and compliance training to staff and vendor personnel
- Conduct analyses on current processes and working with team leads to identify, document and prioritize process improvements
- Provide subject matter expertise for CDBG-DR program planning and Action Plan development
- Assist with internal program and subrecipient monitoring
- Assist with developing corrective actions for subrecipients
- 5+ years of direct experience in CDBG-DR program policy and/or implementation for a grantee or sub-recipient
- Experience in CDBG-DR Action Plan Development and unmet needs data analysis
- Experience requires strong writing, analytical, leadership and communications skills
- Direct experience authoring original Action Plan content for a disaster impacted grantee
- Expertise in Action Plan substantial amendment development
- Knowledge of CDBG-DR best practices, HUD regulations, and cross-cutting Federal requirements
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert recommendations to senior leadership
- Subject matter expertise in at least the following areas:
* Procurement under 2 CFR 200 and 24 CFR 570
* CDBG-DR housing programs including buyout and acquisition, single family homeowner programs for rehabilitation, elevation, and reconstruction
* Can understand and provide guidance on application intake, income and eligibility reviews, duplication of benefits calculations, award determinations, damage assessments, construction scopes, pay point inspections, and close out
* Section 3
* Davis Bacon
* URA requirements
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Missouri Client Office (MO88)