Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
San Francisco or San Jose, CA
ICF is currently seeking an Environmental Planner to be based out of our San Francisco or San Jose, CA office.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 7,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Key markets and practices include environmental planning and policy development, impact and risk assessment, evaluation and compliance, and restoration and conservation. ICF works at the center of environmental and sustainable programs, helping clients consider the impact of economics, health, policy, culture, and climate on the world’s ecosystem. To explore global career opportunities in ICF’s environment and climate programs, visit www.icf.com/careers.
Job Description The primary duties is to prepare environmental impact analyses for a wide range of projects including land use development, transportation, infrastructure, water, and energy. The job includes conducting research and coordinating with resource agencies to prepare the analyses. The role includes working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and supporting the project manager.
- Conduct research and proficiently write impact assessments for various environmental topics (i.e., chapters in CEQA/NEPA documents).
- Assist with preparation of documents, reports, presentations, technical memoranda, public notices, forms, and other work products.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in environmental studies, urban planning, or related field
- 1+ years of professional related experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of CEQA, NEPA, and other environmental principles or willingness to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills with the willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Commitment to producing quality work within established budgets and schedules.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel).
- Experience preparing environmental analyses for CEQA/NEPA documents
- Experience in a consulting or public agency environment.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
San Francisco, CA (CA78)