Managing Consultant - Justice and Civil/Commercial matters
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Managing Consultant to join our well-established public policy practice that conducts legal studies and carries-out evaluation and impact assessment of EU interventions to the European Commission, in particular DG Justice and Consumers and its Agencies (FRA, EIGE, Eurojust). Our current portfolio of projects reflects the diversity of the policy areas covered by DG Justice. Examples of some of our recent and/or current assignments include: A Study on the phenomenon of letterbox companies and its impact on tax evasion, money laundering and social dumping, an Evaluation of the Equal Pay Directive, an Evaluation of the Consumer Credit Directive and legal research in the area of judicial cooperation and civil procedure (e.g. recognition and enforcement of foreign judgements).
The successful candidate will have a solid project management experience ideally in managing legal research, evaluations, impact assessments or feasibility studies in the areas of justice, civil and commercial matters and/or judicial cooperation and procedural law. The ideal candidate will also have experience with business development and a successful track record in managing tenders for public policy clients.
In addition, it is required for the candidate to hold a legal background (private law /civil law preferably) and a sound understanding of and interest in EU actions relating to civil and procedural law, judicial cooperation and the challenges of a functional cross-border justice. She/he should be experienced in conducting legal research and analysis as well as in reporting on EU policies and/or programs. Her/his expertise should cover inter alia: civil and procedural law/corporate governance/judicial cooperation/data protection and/or artificial intelligence.
What you’ll get to do:
You will be a core part of our growing and dynamic team of policy analysts, lawyers, economists and social scientists who have a passion for applying their skills and knowledge in helping our clients solve some of the most complex challenges. You will play a key role in further developing our portfolio and track record in the policy areas covered by DG Justice by driving through to successful implementation tender procedures and managing projects. You will be responsible for contributing to and ensuring the quality review of legal research assignments, evaluations, impact assessments commissioned by DG Justice but also for managing tendering procedures. The role provides an excellent opportunity to demonstrate strong analytical skills, organisational and report writing skills, in addition to managerial experience.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Lead on business development and proposal preparation with support from ICF staff
- Manage research and evaluation projects with the support of a research team and associates under light supervision of a project director
- Manage project teams and provide intellectual leadership and steering on a day to day basis and assign work to project teams and quality assure their work, supporting on methodological aspects and ensuring high-quality research and data collection activities
- Manage day to day client relationships and escalate issues to project director
- Conduct or oversee qualitative and quantitative analysis (experience with Excel is essential, NVIVO, SPSS, STATA, etc. is an advantage)
- Lead on report-writing and presentations and attend site visits and client meetings
- Collaborate closely with other project teams, and external partners and stakeholders
- Plan business development activities and support with capture activities on DG JUST account
- A Master’s degree in law (private/civil law preferably)
- Typically, more than 8 years’ work experience within a law firm or in the context of EU law and policies
- Project management experience, including management of project teams and sub-contractors
- Business development experience, including leading on successful proposals
- Strong qualitative and/or quantitative evaluation and analytical skills
- Robust knowledge of European policy making process and EU Institutions
- Exceptional written (including editing and proofreading skills) and oral (fluency in English and at least one other European language) communication skills
What we offer:
- 12 month temporary assignement with possibility of being hired on a permanent contract
- Full-time of 38h/week
- International work environement
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)