Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Internal Audit- IT Manager
As an Information Technology (IT) Manager in Internal Audit- you will manage and support the execution of Information Technology, and other related risk-based audits for ICF's domestic and international operations. Reporting to the Vice President of Internal Audit, the Manager is responsible for working independently and supervising junior team members as required.
The Manager will take the lead role on moderate to high complexity projects and be proactive about identifying and seizing opportunities to increase company/business knowledgebase and areas of expertise. The Manager will identify opportunities for continuous improvement within IT risk and other processes as appropriate; and provide insightful results through the audit reporting process. The Manager will be expected to be collaborative and build good rapport and solid business relationships with management. Over time, the Manager will be expected to develop a command over key services and value add initiatives Internal Audit provides to the company. This position is based in our Fairfax, Virginia, Metro accessible headquarters, and may require up to 5% travel, to include international locations.
What you will be doing…
- Plan, lead/supervise, and execute internal audit projects independently
- Supervise or perform upfront Internal Audit project planning, including defining audit scope and developing audit work programs based on risk analysis
- Facilitate or lead interviews to understand the business process and document the business process in a set of flowcharts or narratives
- Supervise or evaluate the effectiveness of the design of controls for business processes and execute testing of internal controls, identifying exceptions
- Review or complete work paper. Ensure work papers, support schedules, and reports are done in a timely and high-quality manner to support audit conclusions. Provide other team members and consultants with appropriate guidance during project work.
- Support or incorporate the use of data analytics where appropriate to improve the audit efficiency and broaden the audited population
- Assist with or summarize audit results in a formal audit report
- Manage the auditee relationship through professional, proactive, and right-touch communication. Ensure that management is kept up to date with potential audit findings and improvement areas during fieldwork; and discuss and presents audit results to management
- Assess IT Controls including (but not limited to): Identity and access management, segregation of duties, configuration management, system development, business continuity and disaster recovery, cybersecurity, cloud Infrastructure and database security, network security, application controls, data security, post and pre-implementation reviews, and third-party information technology risk management.
- Supervise and assist in the execution of IT assurance and compliance audits including SOX general computer controls testing. Assess entity-level, financial, and IT general and application controls. This includes reviewing the results of other team members in the evaluation of the design of SOX controls, the completion of SOX walkthroughs, and testing the effectiveness of SOX controls.
- Supervise and perform advisory reviews to support IT business process and control improvements. Research, identify, and recommend leading, best practices.
- Support the Enterprise Risk Management program through the evaluation of existing and emerging IT risks, assisting with the development and refinement of the program toolset, and supporting management and board reporting of IT risks.
- Assist with the development of the Internal Audit plan; and identify and recommend improvements to internal audit processes/controls.
- Participate in the development of other junior level team members
What you will need…
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Technology or Business/Commerce with a minor in Management Information Systems
- Certifications, Licenses: 2+ years with one of associated certifications: CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CISM or a widely accepted Cybersecurity certification
- 3+ years of experience within an IT audit or compliance function including information systems auditing or combined audit/IT audit experience with experience in areas to include: Costpoint, ERP applications, Windows, Linux, Cloud and network technologies, relational database systems, MS SQL, system development and implementation, IT risk assessment frameworks, data protection and e-privacy laws and regulations, and information and data security frameworks (i.e. COBIT and NIST)
- Proficient knowledge and experience with data analytic tools, i.e. ACL, IDEA, Excel
What would be nice to have…
- Additional certification (CPA, CIA, CFE)
- Internal Audit and/or Big Four experience.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)