Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Mid-Level Acquisition Management Specialist
ICF is looking for an Mid-Level Acquisition Management Specialist to join ICF to support a large, business analysis and management support services contract within a CIO organization. This position will be located on client site in Arlington, VA.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing complex project-level specialized support for management-related issues and concerns.
- Acquisition management and vendor sourcing support, which includes providing expertise regarding acquisition package development, vendor and proposal evaluation, Service Level Agreements (SLA), operating level agreements, addressing cross-vendor issues, developing and monitoring performance indicators, updating and reviewing solicitation documentation and preparing presentations for management.
- Supporting pricing initiatives including developing pricing criteria and content, evaluating pricing and conducting pricing, financial and performance analysis.
- Performing market research and benchmark comparisons and making recommendations for sourcing strategies, best value and justifications.
- Developing sourcing best practice recommendations and supporting and improving sourcing governance processes, tools, and training materials.
- Assist in the preparation, coordination, and production of formal cost/price proposals.
What you’ll need
- US Citizen.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience with IT security related procurement in the federal environment.
- 3+ years of pricing experience and contract administration experience.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel experience, including using PivotTables, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, nested IF statements, etc. as part of the analysis process. Current knowledge and experience with VBA for Excel is preferred.
- Experience writing acquisition-related Board Cases for presentation to management.
- Experience writing Basic Ordering Agreement (BOA) requirements – IGCE’s, SOOs, SOWs, and evaluation criteria.
- Ability to assess and apply multiple organizational and management improvement techniques in a government environment.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and participate in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the project life cycle.
- Ability to identify best practices, effect re-engineering, change management, business management techniques, continuous process improvement, root cause analysis, IT-planning, develop/recommend IT performance-based metrics, and organizational development activity.
- In depth knowledge of the IT industry and industry-accepted best processes, procedures and frameworks relating to financial reporting, sourcing/contract management, business analysis, program management, internal control reviews, continuous process improvement, and root cause analysis.
- Providing cost and price analysis.
- Developing acquisition documentation that includes requirements documents, acquisition strategies, independent government cost estimates, determination and findings, evaluation criteria, and milestone plans.
- Assisting Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs) in ensuring their contracts comply with applicable laws and terms and conditions and that deliver meet contractual requirements.
- Extensive experience with project management practices.
What we would like:
- Knowledge of the application development lifecycle, including exposure to/experience in various software development lifecycle (SDLC) models/methods such as DevOps, Agile, traditional waterfall, etc.
- Experience in developing and drafting application development and maintenance (ADM) technical and operational requirements matrices, service level agreements (SLAs), and reports
- Experience with the full ADM procurement lifecycle – strategy, requirements gathering, request for proposal (RFP) development, proposal evaluation, contract negotiations
- Experience with the full range of ADM pricing models
- Experience in various vendor delivery models, e.g., local delivery teams, rural sourcing, crowd sourcing (e.g., TopCoder)
- Exposure to enterprise modernization programs, e.g., re-platforming/refactoring applications currently residing in a traditional data center environment to enable them to perform efficiently/effectively in a cloud environment
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with IT and business stakeholders, draw out requirement “needs” vs. “wants,” rationalize requirements between multiple stakeholders, and document those requirements clearly and unambiguously
- Ability to translate technical and operational requirements into contract-ready language incorporating contract structures such as defined terms
Professional Skills and/or Experience:
- Ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work with multiple clients across different groups
- Must be a positive team player with an ability to also work independently
- Must be able to manage changing priorities and tight deadlines
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)