Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Program Manager - Environmental Health Sciences
To support ICF’s dynamic growth and expanding client base, we are seeking an Environmental Health Sciences Senior Program Manager to work in our Health Science Portfolio. This group of 70+ science professionals provides toxicology, epidemiology, risk assessment, exposure assessment, environmental modeling, data analysis and management, software and tool development, and related support that addresses the full spectrum of potentially hazardous agents, including chemicals and microbes. We specialize in identifying and quantifying the effects of environmental pollutants on human health and the environment.
The Environmental Health Sciences Senior Program Manager will provide project management and high-level technical leadership in support of federal agencies (such as U.S. EPA and NIEHS) in assessing the human health impacts of pollutants.
This position will be located in Durham, NC.
- Provide management oversight to a large software development program with multiple projects concurrently involving toxicology, quantitative analyses, database design and maintenance, software development, and qualitative evaluations.
- Responsible for ensuring the ultimate success of programs, including quality and client satisfaction, and that all contractual and financial requirements are met.
- Oversee the completion and accuracy of budgets, work plans, invoices, and other contract-related tasks.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Manage the day-to-day work associated with projects, including staffing, scheduling, communicating, with the client. Serve as the primary point of contact for clients and communicate with clients regularly regarding project status.
- Synthesize findings into written reports.
- Provide strategic leadership related to services delivery and business development.
- Contribute to multiple proposal efforts, including but not limited to technical writing and budgeting.
This position does not involve hands-on laboratory or field work.
- Degree in toxicology, pharmacology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, statistics, or other health or environmental-science related subject
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience working in human-health related consulting services or research
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing programs, task orders, or contracts with teams of at least 15 staff
- Experience with government programs (preferably U.S. EPA or NIEHS)
- Experience with project management and staff leadership such that would apply towards a project or program management certification, e.g., Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute technical approaches to solving scientific questions
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing IT-related programs and projects, such as database development, software design, or other programming and analytics solutions
- Advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in toxicology, pharmacology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, statistics or other health or environmental-science related subject
- Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Project Management Institute’s Program Management Professional (PgMP) Certification
- Proactive and problem-solving approach to challenges
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Durham, NC (NC05)