Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Environmental Health Science Senior Technical Lead
To support ICF’s dynamic growth and expanding client base, we are seeking an Environmental Health Sciences Senior Technical Lead to work in our Health Science Practice. This group of 70+ science professionals provides toxicology, epidemiology, risk assessment, exposure assessment, environmental modeling, data analysis and management, software and tool development, and related support that addresses the full spectrum of potentially hazardous agents, including chemicals and microbes. We specialize in identifying and quantifying the effects of environmental pollutants on human health and the environment.
The Environmental Health Science Senior Technical Lead will provide project management and high-level technical leadership in support of federal agencies (such as U.S. EPA and NIEHS) in assessing the human health impacts of pollutants.
This position will be located in Durham, NC.
- Provide technical direction to multiple projects involving quantitative analyses, toxicological sciences, software design, and database development.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, and within scope.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Manage the day-to-day work associated with projects, including staffing, scheduling, communicating, and providing technical guidance and quality assurance
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients and communicate with clients regularly regarding project status, technical issues, deliverables, and follow-on work.
- Participate in supervising, mentoring, and developing junior- to mid-level staff.
- Provide subject matter expertise in one or more technical areas such as toxicology, microbiology, cell biology, cheminformatics health science, computer science, and related fields.
- Synthesize findings into written reports and scientific articles.
- Provide strategic leadership related to services delivery and business development.
This position does not involve hands-on laboratory or field work.
- Advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in toxicology, pharmacology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or other health or environmental-science related subject
- Minimum 5 years of experience evaluating toxicology data, reviewing laboratory studies, or related experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience with bioinformatics or computational science
- Experience with government programs (preferably U.S. EPA or NIEHS)
- Experience with project management and staff leadership
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute technical approaches to solving scientific questions
- Experience with IT-related programs and projects, such as database development, software design, or other programming and analytics solutions
- Proactive and problem-solving approach to challenges
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Durham, NC (NC05)