Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Demographic and Health Research Data Analyst- Rockville, MD
Demographic and Health Research Data Analyst
ICF seeks to hire a Demographic and Health Research Data Analyst to conduct research on demographic and health issues in developing countries for The Demographic and Health Surveys Program (DHS). The researcher will prepare reports and publishable papers as part of a research team at DHS headquarters in Rockville, Maryland. The researcher will contribute to the DHS Program’s research agenda by proposing study ideas in line with our research strategy; will shepherd studies through all stages from conceptualization through publication; and may coordinate budgets, contracts, and administration of research and analysis training activities. There may be opportunities to lead one or more workshops every year. Examples of DHS in-house research beyond the main report can be found at www.dhsprogram.com, by going to “Analytical” under the “Publications Search” tab.
- Master’s degree in a social science or health-related field
- 1+ years’ research-related work experience in a relevant field
- Familiarity with population and health issues in developing countries
- Experience with analysis of large survey data sets
- Strong knowledge of statistical techniques
- Experience in using statistical software packages, preferably Stata
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication, training, and presentation skills
- Ability to work successfully in teams and with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Experience conducting workshops or trainings
- Knowledge of French
- Experience analyzing data on health services/quality of care
The analyst may be required to travel to developing countries as needed (up to 15% of time).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)