Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency Specialist - QA/QC
Energy Efficiency Specialist - QA/QC
South Shore/Cape Cod territory - Massachusetts
We are currently seeking an Energy Efficiency Specialist located on the South Shore/Cape Cod territory of Massachusetts to join our Northeast Energy Efficiency team to provide critical program support and technical field services for Massachusetts based energy efficiency programs.
- Perform site inspections and energy modeling on various residential new construction and renovation projects ensuring that the evaluation, implementation and verification of utility sponsored energy efficiency projects are successfully executed.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to builders, developers, architects, engineers, contractors and other trade allies participating in utility-sponsored new construction programs. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical trade allies and non-technical audiences.
- Assess residential grade whole building efficiency strategies, building plans and specifications, and make recommendations for energy efficiency upgrades or improvements.
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with participating homeowners, contractors and consultants in order to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program.
- Conduct strategic field-based site visits with trade alley HERS Raters to provide Quality Assurance / Quality Control and forecasting updates on program participating residential new construction and renovation projects ensuring that the evaluation, implementation and verification of utility sponsored energy efficiency projects are successfully executed.
- Conduct desktop Quality Assurance / Quality Control to review and verify energy model accuracy and adherence to program standards, utilizing data collected during site visits and/or project building plans.
- Conduct trade alley outreach and training across Massachusetts by distributing program marketing material and raising program awareness across multiple retail stores and strategic trade alley locations including lumberyards, permit offices and building departments.
- Provide tracking, status updates, and replenishment of marketing collateral in effort to create market transformation.
- Attend events to build and maintain relationships with key market actors in the home improvement industry including architects, engineers, contractors, energy raters, consultants, home inspectors, public officials, public interest groups, and customers.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals on contractor/consultant participation and the completion of eligible projects.
- Bachelor’s degree (Energy, Building Science, Construction Management) or related trade experience.
- 1 + years of related experience with energy efficiency.
- Ability to read and interpret controlled construction documents.
- Experience with energy modeling platforms.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- Valid Massachusetts driver's license and ability to travel statewide.
1-2 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- HERS, BPI, LEED or CEM credentials.
- Working on successful energy efficiency programs, with specific expertise in energy modeling, energy efficiency technologies and products, and residential energy issues in both existing buildings and new construction.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key market actors in the residential construction industry including architects, engineers, contractors, real estate agents, home energy rating specialists, developers, and public officials.
- Energy efficiency program market in Massachusetts.
- Residential and Commercial & Industrial Multifamily construction industry in Massachusetts or experience working with a utility, public agency or non-governmental organization.
- Knowledge of applicable MA construction building codes and practices.
- Knowledge of integrated or whole building science principles.
- Knowledge of residential energy-efficient building applications, renewable technologies, or high-performance construction practices and technologies.
- Business-to-business sales or recruitment experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills- Public speaking experience.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Massachusetts Remote Office (MA99)