Senior Wildlife Biologist
ICF is seeking a Senior Wildlife Biologist to join our team to support transportation and local public and private sector project work in Orange County and Southern California. Positions are available for a full- or part-time based biologist out of our Irvine office.
The Southern California Natural Resources Team includes wildlife biologists, botanists, aquatic resource biologists (waters, wetlands, and riparian areas), restoration ecologists, and regulatory specialists. The overarching team is subdivided into small groups of individuals that specialize a specific discipline; however, all staff work across groups, offices, and the Team to provide the most comprehensive and holistic solutions possible for our clients. The Senior Biologist will support project needs and field efforts, including conducting protocol surveys, nesting bird surveys, writing technical reports and/or technical sections of larger documents, coordinating staffing of field surveys, directing field crews on compliance with permit conditions for special status plants and wildlife and on compliance with mitigation measures pursuant to approved CEQA/NEPA documents and permit conditions from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Regional Water Quality Control Board, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. This person will coordinate with clients, resource agencies, environmental and technical staff to manage and prepare environmental documents and/or implement mitigation and monitoring programs. This person would also help in business development and marketing the Natural Resources Team through assisting or leading the preparation of proposals, meeting with clients, regulatory agencies, providing trainings and presentations within your discipline area or alike.
- BS/MS/PHD in biology, ecology, environmental science or a related discipline
- Minimum of 12+ demonstrated years of experience in field
- Experience with transportation documents including Natural Environment Studies
- Experience with compliance monitoring of construction projects
- Preparation of technical reports on field survey observations and findings
- Implement environmental programs, construction monitoring, restoration programs, and the other similar projects or programs
- Oversee environmental permit compliance monitoring, reporting, and preparing daily monitoring reports
- Demonstrated ability to interface with clients, prepare meeting agendas and meeting minutes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and with regulatory agency personnel
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Irvine, CA (CA79)