Social Media Specialist - Rockville, MD
ICF is looking for a Social Media Specialist with exposure to global public health. You’ll have the opportunity to manage the creation of content, and measurement of The Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) Program’s digital tools including social media platforms, website, and blog. As a member of ICF’s International Health and Development Team, this is a great opportunity for anyone who considers themselves a data nerd and is passionate about global public health. If you took statistics in school and loved it, then you’ll fit right in!
Are you ready for what’s next? Free shuttle access from the metro, onsite happy hours and constant learning and mentorship opportunities are just some of the perks of joining ICF. This is position is based in our Rockville, MD office.
What you will be doing:
- Create and manage DHS Program content across social media channels. (50%)
- Develop content to share across social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Monitor social media presence through monthly reporting to provide progress reports, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics
- Maintain daily activity of posts/updates/tweets and existing social media accounts by interacting and engaging with followers to expand community
- Coordinate and maintain The DHS Program Social Media Editorial Calendar with online activity
- Update web content for project website, www.dhsprogram.com, with Common Spot content management system. (20%)
- Manage and update DHS Program blog with content developed by DHS Program staff in Word Press, www.blog.dhsprogram.com (20%)
- Other tasks (10%):
- Create e-blasts/e-newsletter with project related updates in Mailchimp.
- Represent The DHS Program at national conferences.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, communication, or related field required
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Experience with social media platforms in a professional setting, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Experience with Common Spot or other content management systems
- Experience with leveraging social media management systems and analytics tools, including HootSuite
- Strong writing skills
- Technical knowledge of global health, statistics, and development
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Strong project management, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
What will make you stand out if you have:
- Strong preference for someone with international development experience working abroad or for a group that does international work
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)