Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Workforce and Poverty Solutions Consultant
Senior Poverty and Workforce Solutions Consultant On-Call
LOCATION: Washington, DC Area preferred- home based, on call
- The Justice, Workforce & Community Development (JWCD) business unit works to improve the conditions of America's most at-risk populations-reaching out directly to the populations in need, as well as providing strategic consulting support to human services agencies throughout the United States.
- Within JWCD, the Workforce Innovations and Poverty Solutions (WIPS) team focuses on Federal, State, and Commercial technical assistance, research, and evaluation projects.
- We are seeking an On-Call Masters level Senior Poverty and Workforce Solutions Consultant.
- Do you have a strong background in providing technical assistance, and program support around the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and workforce development programs? We want you to apply!
What You'll Do:
- Provide project support to Project Directors around technical assistance, training, and online tools and resources
- Lead the development and implementation of technical assistance tasks and activities across our workforce innovations and poverty solutions’ projects.
- Lead development and implementation of quantitative and qualitative data collection tools either virtually and/or sometimes on-site visits.
- Contribute to the development and production of deliverables, analyses and program trends/outcomes reports, and targeted stakeholder publications/products
- Provide virtual demos and technical assistance around content areas and programmatic tools/assessments to requestees.
- Use administrative and programmatic data sets to evaluate program performance and support deeper problem exploration in a social services and workforce development setting.
What You'll Have:
- Master’s in public policy, political science, social work, or related social services field.
- Candidates that have at least 15 plus years of experience working with Federal and/or State Departments of Social Services in the areas of TANF and workforce development programs.
- Candidates who have worked for at least 15 plus years providing technical assistance, program support, and research assistance to TANF and workforce development programs.
- Strong expertise in the diversity of TANF and workforce development programs at the State, Territory, and/or Tribal Levels.
- Ability to work both independently and on a core team of staff members
- Demonstrated ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Demonstrated experience showing strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)