We are adding to our team in Melville, NY! We are seeking Project Engineers with a strong background in the utility industry and projects in the Long Island NY market. These individuals will be responsible for the development and/or understanding of technical specifications for our projects. This will include providing guidance to and resolving technical matters with contractors, evaluating preliminary and detailed designs for technical and economic effectiveness, creating engineering reports related to technical design, troubleshooting, control and quality. The best candidate will work with electric operations and construction contractors for set up of work, clearances and switching procedures for scheduled work, interact and communicate with contractors and operations on daily basis to ensure everyone is coordinated, and review the construction schedule and keep External Affairs (EA) in the loop of the schedule.
This position ideally would have civil/mechanical/electrical experience with:
- Installing electrical equipment and control house shelters, monopoles, concrete foundations, underground conduit, grounding, construction within a substation.
- The person should have the experience of doing this in the field, being able to understand construction drawings and know when things are not being constructed properly,
- The ability to understand the entire aspect of constructing the project, anticipating issues and bringing attention potential concerns, before they become a problem in the substation.
- Project Management experience would certainly be a plus.
- Assist project manager in developing estimates, schedules, material lists, design concepts, design drawings and other project documentation per customer and corporate guidelines.
- Responsible for developing mechanical engineering design change packages in support of maintenance or capital projects at power facilities
- Performs advanced technical/engineering problem solving in support of plant operations
- Develops engineering design change packages in support of maintenance or capital projects at power facilities
- Responsible for technical decisions and providing leadership to other engineers.
- Participates and/or leads teams that focus on specific problem areas or needs for generating units
- Provides input into the prioritization of Technical Services work activities in support of assigned generating station(s), as required
- Arranges for Technical Services support and involvement in root cause analysis efforts, development and evaluation of alternatives, and engineering studies, as appropriate
- Perform field work and technical research
- Maintain project files and documentation
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
- Maintain budget and schedule
- Recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly.
- Performing field related work collecting design information and verifying tie- ins, function and clearances
- Performing field support activities, where assigned, for engineering support during construction.
- Assisting engineers with cost and material estimates and preliminary design studies
- Checking the accuracy and quality of drawings
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/Mechanical/Electrical engineering or other relevant engineering field
- 4 or more years’ experience to include detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations, power industry (particularly substations), power plant systems and operations
- 3 or more years’ experience with installation of electrical equipment and control house shelters, monopoles, concrete foundations, underground conduit, grounding, construction within a substation.
- 2 or more years preparing structural and civil construction plans and specifications, including civil material specifications for material purchase, fabrication and construction to be reflected in final drawings
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, various CAD software packages including AutoCAD, as well as OSHA codes
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong ethics and corporate loyalty
- Results oriented quality driven team player
- PMP or other PM Certification
- Background in Electrical Construction Project Management
- Experience in the Long Island utilities industry
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Melville, NY (NY21)