Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Economics Consultant
ICF is seeking a SENIOR ECONOMICS CONSULTANT to play an integral role in the growth and success within our Regulatory, Policy and Economics (RPE) business at ICF. RPE supports primarily public-sector clients in the full range of economic and policy activities. We estimate costs and benefits, as well as the economic impact of proposed and existing regulations, policies, and programs. We also evaluate program effectiveness. We work with virtually all federal agencies; key clients include the Department of Labor, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Transportation, the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Interior, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission as well as other federal, state and local agencies, and select non-profit and private-sector clients.
Your day-to-day role:
As a Senior Economics Consultant you will interact with Federal and State government economists and other regulatory program staff. In a typical day, you will manage work on short- and long-term projects focused on policies and regulations affecting various areas including the labor, immigration, transportation, homeland security, and others. For these projects, you will analyze the costs, benefits and economic impacts of policies and regulations.
Your work products will include written reports, memoranda, spreadsheet models, and PowerPoint presentations. A portion of your work products will be published for public comment in the Federal Register, the official daily publication for federal agency actions. The bulk of your work will be on domestic regulatory issues. If you have a background and interest primarily in international issues, this job is probably not the right fit for you.
Your work also will involve collaborating with senior and junior staff to develop deliverables for our clients, including performing quality reviews of work produced by colleagues and peers.
A portion of your time over the course of a year will be spent leading business development efforts, including developing and maintaining client relationships, writing proposals, and presenting at conferences.
Your work location will be at ICF’s Fairfax, Virginia headquarters.
What we are looking for:
- PhD in Economics
- At least 10 years of experience, preferably in consulting or a government role.
- Candidates with experience managing projects from both a technical and financial perspective and who have the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Experience presenting methodology and analytical results, both to economists and non-economists, is a plus.
- Candidates with a background in LABOR ECONOMICS labor economics and experience with U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration policy areas including workforce development, unemployment insurance, apprenticeship, trade adjustment assistance, foreign labor certification, and other U.S. Department of Labor-funded grant programs.
- For this position, we need candidates who have hands-on experience with wage-related datasets like BLS Occupational Employment Statistics (OES) and Employment Cost Index (ECI), including experience estimating prevailing wages.
- We can only consider US citizens for this role.
Other intangibles we are looking for:
We need someone who has strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, and who works well on teams. You need to be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment. We hire problem-solvers with strong analytical skills that have a high level of attention to detail. Because we are in client services, we need someone who is professional and oriented towards customer service.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)