Senior Energy Analyst - Power
We seek a highly motivated and experienced Senior Energy Analyst - Power in our New Delhi, India office to lead our work in energy markets. We seek candidates who will help us grow ICF’s energy market business, building on our established team and leveraging ICF’s broad energy sector capabilities in power markets.
The candidate should have a strong academic background, experience of working in energy markets; have an ability to quickly learn and master new concepts; an ability to establish and nurture relationships with clients; ability to think logically and also creatively; work independently; and at the same time have the ability to contribute as a team player; and most importantly have a result oriented approach to completing tasks.
The selected candidate will (a) Support number of assignments by leading research, analysis, modelling, report writing and Client presentations. (b) individually lead smaller assignments entirely (c) support generation of new business by initiating client contact, generating leads and contributing to proposal writing.
The selected candidate will also have an opportunity to apply experience and academic knowledge, lead projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while continuing to build content knowledge and consulting skills.
- Perform advanced quantitative and economic analysis of energy markets globally, but with a focus on India, to assess and forecast the future of electric power and fuels markets, prices, power plant operation and valuation, fuel consumption, environmental emissions and compliance, transmission, regulatory effects, among other parameters
- Extensive data research. Responsible for maintaining a large database of energy related data that must be updated regularly. Data sources include data-providers, industry publications, regulatory agencies and web research.
- Tracking of up to date information on energy sector (particularly generation, transmission and distribution) and incorporating in existing industry databases
- Creation of new industry databases that may be required
- Exhaustive analysis of forecast and changes resulting from updated inputs
- Interface with clients on key deliverables
- Prepares documents and summaries for submission to clients
- Prepares papers and presentations for external publications
- Mentor junior staff and manage their day to day activities
- Project Delivery:
- Contribute as a strong team member on projects – lead research, analysis and preparation of deliverables (presentations, reports)
- Support large consulting engagements and lead smaller engagements
- Provide market insights and analytically-based analyses of energy policies and markets
- Thought leadership
- Be up to date on industry developments
- Publish whitepapers on relevant topics
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical and Mechanical) from reputed institutions.
- 5-8 years and above of relevant energy industry experience
- Ability to demonstrated quantitative skills and handle big-data analytics
- Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access )
- Experience of working with linear optimization / production cost models / applied microeconomics (e.g., PROMOD, TIMES MERKEL, GE MAPS, PLEXOS, GAMS etc.)
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques (Monte-Carlo simulation etc.)
- Master's Degree in an engineering preferably electrical & mechanical (for ex. operations research)
- 5-7 years of experience in energy markets
- Demonstrative knowledge of power/fuel/RE/New-energies sector
- Previous consulting experience
- Strong modeling skills specifically advanced Microsoft excel skill
- VBA, R, Macros
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
- Identifies and collects the information needed to solve a problem effectively.
- Acknowledges when one doesn’t know something and takes steps to find out
Written Communication & Presentation Skills:
- Clearly expresses ideas, thoughts, and concepts in writing.
- Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience.
- Effectively communicates information and ideas using speech and visual aids.
- Effectively organizes ideas for logical presentation and maximum impact.
ICF is a leading provider of consulting services and technology solutions to governments and commercial clients in the India, United Kingdom, Europe and globally. Since 1969, we have combined a passion for our work with deep industry expertise to tackle our clients' most important challenges. We cover the entire policy, programme and project lifecycle and address a wide range of policy areas, including justice, home affairs, employment, education and training, gender equality, and social inclusion and protection. With more than 5,000 employees, we serve government and commercial clients from more than 70 offices worldwide. ICF's website is www.icf.com.
ICF's Energy, Environment & Transportation group offers results and solutions to a broad range of clients in the energy industry in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. We have advised both private and public sector clients in all facets of the energy industry for more than 30 years. ICF International provides a portfolio of strategy, analysis, advisory services, and implementation tools to clients in the energy sector. Long recognized for innovative solutions, ICF International's combination of strategic, policy, risk management, market, and industry expertise enables us to advise clients from the inception of their business plan through the delivery of services to their customers.
The ICF New Delhi office provides economic, technical and management consulting services in energy and carbon market analysis, climate policy, energy efficiency, carbon management, aviation strategy and climate change impacts and adaptation. Our thorough understanding of our clients' needs enables us to help governments and private sector companies, donor agencies throughout the Asian, South East Asian and Pacific markets to improve their sustainability. We work frequently with colleagues from other ICF offices, particularly those in the USA, London, China and Brazil.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
New Delhi, India (II77)