Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a DevOps Architect. This individual may sit in Minneapolis, Chicago, Toronto, or remote!
As a DevOps Architect, you will:
- Coach: Provide thought leadership among the engineering team. Engage and grow engineers through new and complex solutions. Review work and processes for opportunities to improve.
- Implement: Develop and implement digital technology solutions with appropriate software design methodology in a dynamic and faced paced team environment.
- Requirements: workscope/estimates.
- Reviews: Establish
- Documentation: participaterequirements.
- Continuous Improvement: passion for increasing quality and driving business value while simultaneously decreasing the effort to get there.
- Communicate: share knowledge and thought leadership to the rest of the organization, including strategic technical direction as well as professional development opportunities.
As a DevOps Architect, you will have:
- 8+ years of progressive experience and in software development, systems administration, engineering infrastructure as code, and architecture responsibility.
- 5+ years of experience in data center architecture and cloud IaaS environments
- Extensive knowledge of the software development landscape and experience changing the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to appropriately target information across technical audiences, clients and executive leaders.
- Intimate familiarity with architecting solutions on cloud computing platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Extensive experience with various tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Subversion, Git, Docker and configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform. Chef is preferred.
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages including Shell, PHP and/or Python
- Proficient in one or more of the following monitoring and logging tools: Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, Logstash, Graphite, Splunk. Splunk is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of containerization orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, Azure Container Services and/or Openshift
- Strong problem-solving skills with an investigative mentality, decision making ability and a capacity for strategic and associative thinking
- Possess a bias for action when breaking down complex problems and tackling new technologies.
- Thought leader on Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) in the software engineering process and can clearly articulate how any given DevOps approach facilitates these practices to drive business goals.
- Great sense of humor, charisma and the ability to work hard without compromising on fun!
Why you’ll love working here:
Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/ long term disability)
Generous vacation and retirement plans
Employee support program
Ongoing training and development opportunities, education assistance programs
Catered Friday lunches
Loaded snack cupboards
Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)