Assistant Group Business Manager
ICF seeks an Assistant Group Business Manager to support the operations of a consulting group with $750M in annual revenues across a diverse set of clients and markets. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of supporting the Group’s financial planning and analysis, project forecasting, financial reporting, operational controls, and compliance. The position will report directly to the Group’s Business Manager and is located in Fairfax, VA.
Key Responsibilities include: Business Performance, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Finance Management & Oversight
- Provide insight into the development of the group’s financial strategy, financial planning, forecasting, financial reporting, and analysis.
- Prepare, analyze, and publish monthly financial forecasts with analysis that will be consumed by all levels of the organization, including Group SVP, C-Suite as well as Corporate FP&A and Group Management. The forecast will be conveyed during monthly executive briefings, and it will include variance analysis as well as risk/opportunity assessments.
- Review division level financial statements, monthly results, forecasts, and budgets to assess financial condition of the Group’s divisions in a collaborative effort with the division’s Business Manager’s to drive improved profitability and business performance.
- Serve as primary contact for group leadership on project and group finance related issues.
- Demonstrate ability as a leader while collaborating across multiple corporate service departments including Contracts, Pricing, Accounting, FP&A, and Project Management functions on complex activities such as system implementation, acquisition integration as well as day to day business decision support.
- Provide group and divisional business development metrics by tracking bookings, contract backlog and pipeline volume and health.
- Provide financial review and strategic guidance in major bid and proposal efforts.
- Review project revenue and work closely with project finance controllers, divisional Business Manager’s and the project managers to ensure monthly close is accurate and timely.
- Partner and coordinate with the Corporate Accounting & Compliance teams to ensure the group has sound internal controls, risk management, and compliance procedures that are aligned with corporate policies.
- Partner and coordinate with the Finance, Planning and Analysis (FP&A) organization to provide data and analysis in support the quarterly analyst call.
- Support the working capital initiatives (billed and unbilled A/R) to drive DSO (days sales outstanding) efficiencies.
- Participate in the development and implementation of corporate business systems, policies, and programs.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- At least 5 years in related/similar roles; plus, 10+ overall years of experience in financial leadership
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
Other preferred skills/experience:
- MBA and/or CMA
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint
- Experience with a forecasting tool such as OneStream, Hyperion or TM1
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and upholds the highest ethical standards.
- Applies critical thinking to gathering and analyzing information from a variety of sources, developing and testing solutions to complex problems, and formulating strategic and tactical plans.
- Makes sound decisions based on organization’s priorities and the costs and benefits of various alternative solutions.
- Makes clear and convincing presentations by organizing ideas for logical presentation and acceptance.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)