Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Environmental Chemistry Lab TEAM MANAGER in NJ
ICF is seeking motivated Environmental Chemistry Lab TEAM MANAGERS / Environmental Chemists (including Environmental Scientists, Chemists, Biologists, Geologists, etc.) to join our team to support an EPA contract, the Environmental Services Assistance Team (ESAT), across the country. The team performs soil, water, air, waste and tissue sample analysis for chemical contaminants primarily supporting Superfund site assessment, remediation, and emergency response but also for compliance under the Safe Drinking Water Act and the Clean Water Act. The team supports EPA’s ambient air monitoring programs through sampling air for Pb and particulates and auditing ambient air analyzers for ozone, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, and nitrous oxide under the Clean Air Act.
Work is available at various federal government laboratories across the US to include: Athens, GA; Edison, NJ; Richmond, CA; Corvallis, OR; Seattle, WA; Ft. Meade, MD; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO.
- Manage a team of 10 to 15 Chemists and Technicians providing sample analysis and quality assurance and laboratory operational support
- Provide technical input to and technical oversight of the work performed
- Schedule, track and report assignments and work products
- Develop budgets and ensure financial performance of the team
- Supervision of technical staff including personnel selection and evaluation
- Client contact and technical presentation
- Ensure compliance with all technical, quality assurance, and safety requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience performing or managing organic and/or inorganic analysis of environmental samples using CLP, SW-846 and other EPA methods
- 3+ years of experience managing environmental analysis group and/or laboratory of comparable size
- Proficiency with data acquisition, instrument reporting and Laboratory Information Management systems
- Experience in a NELAC-certified, DOD or DOE environmental laboratory is required.
- Advanced degree in chemistry
- Recent “hands on” experience operating GC, GC/MS, ICP, ICP/MS, HPLC, or similar systems including full use of applicable data acquisition and reporting software
- Recent experience with quality assurance program implementation
- Recent experience with analytical method development for environmental samples
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New Jersey Client Office (NJ88)