Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Claims Investigator - Environmental Remediation Support
ICF is a global consulting services company, but we are not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help clients in both government and commercial spaces solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future.
About the Claims Investigator Role
In support of an EPA program for Pennsylvanians, the Pennsylvania Underground Storage Tank Indemnification Fund [“PAUSTIF”], ICF is seeking a Claims Investigator in the Harrisburg Area. In this role, you would work with our project team to evaluate and investigate new claims reported to PAUSTIF.
The Claims Investigator has a direct impact on their community members and local environment, helping to ensure eligible remediation projects associated with contamination in soil and groundwater that arise from releases from underground storage tank systems are properly funded by the grant.
This position reports to our Middletown, PA office, which is commutable from Harrisburg or Hershey. Our claims investigators are dedicated to our PAUSTIF client alone, facilitating an excellent work-life balance and a predictable 9-5 Monday-Friday schedule.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the project team to evaluate and investigate new claims reported to the PAUSTIF for the purpose of determining whether or not the claim is eligible for reimbursement for corrective action costs.
- Provide analysis and oversight of the remediation process by reviewing technical reports ensuring that timely and demonstrated progress is made at eligible sites. Effectively manage the claim from inception to regulatory closure.
- Audit, validate and approve reimbursement of corrective actions costs thru invoice review.
- Identify sites where remediation progress is lagging and leverage client tools to improve efficiencies and/or promote better outcomes.
- Assist ICF management with client retention by delivering on all contractually obligated service level agreements and by responding to developing industry trends.
What you’ll need:
- At least four  years of demonstrated experience in environmental or property loss claims.
- Possess excellent oral, presentation and written skills in order to interact with the client and a diverse population of professionals connected to the program.
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to balance priorities, multitask and manage a caseload of approximately 130 sites along with the ability to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Middletown, PA (PA04)