Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Managing Consultant – consumer policy
Location: Brussels or London
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Managing Consultant to join a well-established practice within ICF that develops, analyses and evaluates consumer policies.
The practice works extensively for the European Commission (e.g. DG Justice (Consumers) and DG FISMA) and its agencies, as well as UK Government departments (e.g. BEIS) and agencies. It tackles issues at the top of today’s policy agenda, including the new Consumer Deal, reviews of relevant legislation (Consumer Credit Directive, Distance Sales and Marketing of Financial Services Directive), and a study on switching financial services and products, among others.
We are looking for an intellectually curious and very well organised individual, with an ability to see the many dimensions of a policy problem and to engage and work with leading thematic experts. Much of our work involves economic analysis and evaluation so skills in either area (and ideally both) would be a strong advantage.
What you’ll get to do:
From day one, you will have the opportunity to win, manage and deliver a diverse range of projects for the European Commission and UK Government. You will deliver qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, including managing others’ contributions and delivery.
You will be a core part of our growing and collegiate team of like-minded analysts and project managers. You will work in an international environment in which more than 30 nationalities are represented. You will be contributing innovative ideas and practices to the business, helping achieve excellent, cutting edge research and expanding ICF’s work into new areas. You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development opportunities.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Build relationships with our clients to understand and address their needs
- Lead proposals, including building teams, developing methodologies and budgets
- Oversee policy and/or economic research, analysis and evaluations
- Manage project budgets, project teams including subcontractors, and the delivery of project outputs to a diverse range of clients
- Deliver high quality research and analysis
- Manage and develop junior members of the team
- Pursue business development opportunities and build networks and partnerships
What you'll need to succeed:
You thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have a wide range of interests and are quick to develop a nuanced understanding of complex issues. You have a proven track record in contributing to impact assessments, evaluations and/or research projects. You are self-motivated, independent and able to manage a varied workload to deadlines without compromising quality.
Your experience could have been gained delivering research work in government or a regulatory agency, the European Commission, academia, the private sector or the third sector.
You will have:
- Experience of a minimum of 8 years
- Expertise in consumer policy/law and/or evaluation of consumer policies/laws and programmes, if possible including the application of innovative approaches to estimation of policy and programme impacts
- Experience of managing large and complex projects / teams
- Experience of writing competitive bids, managing budgets, tasks, and client interactions
- Sound knowledge of EU consumer policies
- Ability to develop and convey expertise on a topic
- Ability to think through the methodological challenges of investigating a topic
- Good grasp of the strengths and weaknesses of qualitative and/or quantitative methods
- Ability to write quickly and to communicate with others in excellent English (additional European languages would be an asset)
- A relevant university degree. A degree in economics is an advantage
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)