Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Research Associate, Health Communications Research + Evaluation
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
Our strategic health communications and social marketing work tackles some of society’s greatest challenges and drives audiences to make positive attitudinal and behavioral changes. A growing research team needs a self-starter to support formative, process, and summative evaluations that guide the planning, implementation, and revision of national health communications and social marketing campaigns.
We’re currently hiring for a Research Associate, Health Communications Research and Evaluation.
As a Research Associate, you will:
- Develop recruitment and data collection materials (e.g., surveys or interview guides).
- Support sampling (e.g., help develop literature review search terms and interview/survey inclusion/exclusion criteria and assist with drawing samples).
- Support data collection (e.g., extract information from the literature review sources, facilitate interviews, or coordinate survey data collection).
- Enter data using software such as Microsoft Access.
- Support data analysis (e.g., code text using software such as NVivo, or analyze campaign outcome data in SPSS, SAS, or some other software program).
- Create reports and presentations (e.g., draft white papers or develop data visuals using software such as Microsoft Excel or PowerPoint).
- Present research plans, updates, or findings at client meetings.
- Coordinate purchasing, subcontracting, and consulting requisitions by obtaining and comparing vendor and consultant quotes, establishing suitable justifications, developing or modifying forms, and processing payments.
- Coordinate research review processes (e.g., IRB or OMB approval).
- Contribute to project proposals and research plans that describe project purpose, methods, and staffing and provide an estimated timeline and budget.
As a Research Associate, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in public health, the social sciences, or the biological sciences
- 2 – 3 years of experience in social science research
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in English
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A high level of attention to detail
- A high level of comfort with learning new skills and/or working with unfamiliar topic areas
- Demonstrated experience to work as part of a team as well as work independently on assigned tasks
- Master’s degree in public health or other relevant subject area
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Peer-reviewed literature and citation management software (e.g., EndNote)
- Statistical software (e.g., SAS, Stata, or SPSS)
- Qualitative data analysis software (e.g., NVivo)
Job Location(s): This individual will sit in our Rockville, MD office.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)