Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Climate Change and Sustainability Specialist
It's not hard to come to work each day when you're preventing pollution, saving energy, and helping the world mitigate and become more resilient to impacts from climate change. ICF is at the forefront of preparing leading-edge technical and policy analyses, identifying viable market solutions, building real-world management tools, and implementing programs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. In climate change and environmental markets, ICF has advised more than 30 governments and international institutions, and served more than 60 companies in the FT Global 500. We develop emissions inventories and carbon footprints; conduct greenhouse gas mitigation policy analyses; assist clients with offset and carbon credit projects; support organizational sustainability; assess the performance of global programs (e.g., climate funds, multilateral development banks), and identify ways they could improve; and support federal, state, local, international, and private sector clients on analyses related to climate change impacts and vulnerabilities, among other service offerings. We offer our clients around the globe unparalleled analytical, policy, and business management services.
ICF is seeking an environmental consultant to support our Climate, Energy Efficiency, and Transportation line of business. You will be responsible for supporting ICF managers in winning, planning, and executing projects. You will be expected to work as part of 2 to 7 person teams to execute tasks related to the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high quality products and services. You are likely to work on multiple projects, interact with all levels of staff, and have some client interaction. At ICF you have an opportunity to apply your academic knowledge, gain exposure to major projects, and interact with experts and clients in the field, while also building content knowledge and consulting skills.
This position is intended for candidates with a Master's degree or comparable work experience who are available to start working in summer 2020.
What you'll do...
- Quantitative problem-solving, data collection and analysis, and manipulation of large datasets.
- Technical writing.
- Reviewing literature and performing research.
- Interacting with clients.
- Preparing presentations, reports, memoranda, and other communication materials.
- Working with teams to prepare high-quality materials to support clients, pitching in where necessary.
- Completing tasks in a fast-paced and self-motivated environment and in a timely and efficient manner.
- Delegating to junior staff.
- Reporting to project managers.
What you'll need...
- Master’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Environmental or other Earth Sciences, Sustainability Management, Engineering, Biology, Atmospheric Science, Public Policy, or related subjects.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in climate- and sustainability-related areas.
- Cumulative and major GPA of at least 3.2 or higher.
Professional skills you will need...
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; exceptional time management track record.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Prior work experience in a business setting is a plus.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and seek input when needed.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)