Transportation Associate (Graduating Master's Students)
Are you passionate about Transportation issues? Want to contribute to the development of innovative projects to support the ever-changing transportation field? Then join ICF’s Transportation portfolio. This team supports exciting projects within transportation policy and planning; along with sustainable transportation initiatives, transportation operations, travel demand programs, infrastructure preservation, and transportation technologies.
This position is intended for recent graduates or graduating Master's candidates available to begin working in Summer 2020 in Washington, DC.
What you’ll be doing…
- Contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff
- Collect and analyze data
- Conduct mini research projects on various topics related to transportation planning, policy, and operations
- Support meetings with clients
- Draft and edit reports and presentations
- Support client meetings, workshops, peer exchanges and webinars
- Work virtually with our program partners on a daily basis
What you’ll need…
- Master's degree in city/urban planning, environmental science, transportation/civil engineering, or related subjects.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
What we prefer…
- Demonstrate interest or background in transportation and environmental issues, especially federal, state, and regional policies, programs, or planning processes.
Professional skills we are looking for...
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience researching and writing high quality documents.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Word and Excel, ability to learn new online software products.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and effectively communicate in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Able to work well individually, in teams and virtually.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)