Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Transportation & Sustainability Intern
Transportation & Sustainability Outreach Intern
To support our dynamic growth and expanding client base, we are seeking a Transportation Sustainability Intern to work in the Climate, Energy Efficiency, and Transportation line of business. The Transportation & Sustainability Outreach Intern will support transportation-focused awareness programs in New York State designed to promote sustainable transportation choices and assessment of transportation-derived impacts on statewide and local air quality and traffic congestion. The intern will assist in program outreach and lead generation efforts. They will be tasked with researching and developing potential partner leads to pursue with program managers. The intern may also be tasked with contacting and meeting with potential partners alongside program managers, regarding the partnership programs. The Transportation & Sustainability Outreach Intern will work on multiple tasks concurrently and assume a key role supporting program managers. For this position, the projects will largely focus on supporting a statewide transportation demand management program in New York State.
The Transportation & Sustainability Outreach Intern should have a background or interest in sustainability, including coursework and relevant work experience. Experience in transportation, especially changing travel behaviors through transportation demand management, is preferred though not required. Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong inter-personal skills, and research skills are necessary. Some experience in marketing or communications is preferred. The Transportation Sustainability Intern will be expected to work as part of teams to execute tasks that support the delivery of accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. This position offers the potential for advancement. This position will be located in New York City, approximately 25 hours per week, starting in Spring 2020.
- Lead generation, prospecting and client relationship management for potential business partners.
- Assisting with program operations, updating systems, and supporting administrative efforts as needed.
- Contributing to the promotion of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on projects with multiple levels of staff.
- Pursing or completion of a bachelor’s degree in Sustainability, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Environmental Science, Public Policy, or related subjects.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrated interest or background in sustainability, air quality, and/or transportation issues.
- Experience using the entire Microsoft office suite, including Excel.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in teams and elicit information easily.
- Ability to work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
New York, NY (NY18)