Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Project Manager - Operational Data Scientist
We’re looking for a Senior Project Manager with a computer science or information systems background with the experience and ability ensure the proper management of data science and/or cyber research related projects and tasks are documented, resourced, tracked, and properly reported. The primary purpose of this position is to have a general understanding of complex projects and tasks and in order to provide project management and all related deliverables to our clients such that our data scientists, researchers, and engineers are able to focus on solutions. This individual will oversee a small yet growing team that provide data science and related cyber expertise in the form of big data analytics, machine learning, cyber research, visualization, and data maturity. In this role you will work with contract data science and other technical leads and manage daily operations and maintenance tasks as needed to include, but not limited to project and task management, team coordination, resource management, and performance monitoring as well as working directly with client leadership and ensuring their issues are being resolved successfully and in a timely manner. In this role, you will regularly report ongoing activities and issues to the project’s Program Manager. This position is primarily located in Adelphi Maryland.
- Manage and maintain a small team of up to 10 professionals.
- Perform project and task management related to all engineering, administration, and research initiatives.
- Manage solutions to contract requirements, client request and associated deliverables.
- Communicate issues to leadership and deliver status updates, both as directed, and on regular, daily, and weekly reporting cycles.
- Support Innovation Management.
- Provide quality customer service with excellent communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship and active DOD Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Math, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing telecommunications and/or datacenter projects
- 5+ years’ experience managing cyber research or data science related projects.
- 5+ years’ experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Accumulo, HBase or Elasticsearch
- 5+ years’ experience on DoD networks
- Project Management Professional or an equivalent certification and/or experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with managing or applying analytics in a mission critical / operational environment with an understanding of operational needs.
- Experience with managing or deploying automation concepts and/or technologies in operational environments.
- Familiarity with Data maturity concepts such as ETL, data structures, data management and designing algorithms for high volumes/velocity of data and complex data types.
- Knowledge and experience in environments that deploy and/or manage: Red Hat Linux, Puppet, Cloudera, Kibana, Elasticsearch, Postgres (or equivalent) Greenplum (or equivalent), big data platforms, custom web-based applications, and server deployments to offsite customer locations.
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)