Environmental Review Compliance Specialist
Are you interested in helping Texas create communities that are more resilient in the face of future disasters? Join the ICF team and make a difference!
Our growing Disaster Management Division makes BIG things happen every day. ICF is seeking a Environmental Review Compliance Specialist to help the State of Texas manage federal grants to carry out strategic and high-impact activities to mitigate disaster risks and reduce future losses in its communities.
At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. ICF is powered by an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bring the strength of past performance and an integrated multidisciplinary approach.
Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
- Document program compliance with federal environmental regulations
- Provide expertise to inform developers with building or modifying projects
- Review area-wide (Tier 1) environmental review records prepared by contractors for compliance and accuracy
- Review site-specific environmental reviews prepared by contractors for compliance and accuracy
- Providing environmental Subject Matter Expertise in all of Texas Action Plan-defined programs including but not limited to housing programs, buyouts and acquisitions, and infrastructure repair
To be considered for this role you will need:
- 3+ years of direct experience in providing environmental review Subject Matter Expertise for a grantee or subrecipient
- Experience authoring or reviewing area-wide (Tier 1) environmental review records and authoring or reviewing site-specific (Tier 2) environmental reviews
- Ability to review and provided recommendations for environmental review process within one month of employment
- Ability to improve the speed of Tier 2 environmental review approvals within the first two months of employment start date
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Remote Office (TX99)