Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Service Desk Manager
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring a Service Desk Manager in our Chicago or Minneapolis office. The Service Desk Manager’s job is to oversee the timely delivery of quality technical support service to clients both internal and external. This requires knowledge of a variety of infrastructure technologies, monitoring, on-call rotations, effective personnel management skills, and a high affinity for performance metrics. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead a team of Level 1 technicians/engineers. The manager will be responsible for continuous improvement of service delivery and enhancing the team's expertise.
The Service Desk Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management of day-to-day activities for local and remote service desk staff. Monitors ICF Platform Solutions’ environment metrics, proactively identifying trends and addressing potential impacts. Manages ICF Platform Solutions’ resolution, escalation of issues with Level 2 & 3 engineering, and fulfillment of service requests. The Service Desk Manager is responsible for ensuring that the technology team meets and exceeds service level expectations and defined metrics/benchmarks, and follows established standards and processes. This position reports to the Partner, Client Operations.
As the Service Desk Manager, you will:
- Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems by monitoring and managing the ticket queue.
- Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues
- Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents
- Develops in-depth understanding of Service Level Agreements and Objectives in order to ensure technology support meets their specific requirements
- Develop and mature ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within Platform Solutions and advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation
- Generates management reports and provides insight into system availability, service level agreements, uptime, and average ticket resolution time
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly reports as needed
- Measures overall support effectiveness, quality of work and continuous improvement through metrics
- Partner with the ICF Change Manager to assist in incident reports
- Oversee staff activities and provide management & leadership to team members including staffing selection, goal setting, annual reviews, compensation planning, career development, coaching and administrative support
- Interact with internal partners and external clients
- Develop strategies for improvement in ticket management and administration
- Work to make Client Operations the single source of truth and service delivery channel for the Platform Solutions group
- Develop and oversee operations knowledge base library
- Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer support in the organization
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation
- Strong knowledge of ITSM tools and their management thereof
- Strong customer service understanding and background with a focus on productivity and customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- ITIL foundation certification
- ITL Expert certification a plus
As the Service Desk Manager, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- 5 years of Service Desk, Support Center or Network Operations Center (NOC) experience with a demonstrated pattern of increasing responsibility
- 3 years of supervisory/managing in an IT environment
- Highly developed customer service skills are a must
- Demonstrated history of successfully providing excellent customer service
- Proven record of establishing and implementing objectives and tactical plans from overall direction and strategy to execution
- Thorough understanding of ITSM standards and processes
- Experience working with and implementing ITIL based processes
- Working knowledge of IT operations in hybrid architecture across various on and off premise service types (private, public and community), layers (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS,) and providers such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Sensu, Nagios, or similar tools
- Ability to communicate technical issues in business terms to multiple levels internally and externally
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills and solid presentation skills
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Experience configuring and deploying one or more help desk platforms is highly desirable
- Experience managing a diverse and decentralized team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)