Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Seattle or Bellingham, WA
ICF is seeking an experienced Restoration Practitioner to work collaboratively with ICF design team members and colleagues from our conservation planning, fisheries and aquatic science, and environmental and regulatory compliance teams to pursue, design, and implement fish passage improvement, and aquatic, estuarine, riverine, and upland habitat restoration for projects in Washington, Oregon, and California as part of our expanding restoration project portfolio. You would be joining our west coast-based Restoration Planning and Design Team working out of either our Seattle, Bellingham, or Portland office to support growth in our Pacific Northwest Region.
The ICF Restoration Planning and Design Team works with state and federal agencies, local governments, tribes, and other clients to plan, design, implement, and conduct long-term monitoring of complex habitat restoration and mitigation projects. We are currently working on a number of exciting projects in the Columbia River Basin, Puget Sound, the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, and the Upper Santa Ana and Otay Rivers. We are a growing team of ecologists, landscape architects, geomorphologists, and engineers who are passionate about our work and put our clients’ needs first to achieve excellence in the quality of our technical work and project deliverables.
As a leader of multidisciplinary project teams, you will work with clients, teams of technical experts, and regulatory agencies to move projects from initial site assessment and prioritization, through conceptual design and alternatives analysis, and ultimately to preparation of detailed restoration designs and implementation. You will work with our team of technical specialists to prepare complex technical reports including revegetation plans, basis of design reports, Habitat Mitigation and Monitoring Plans and construction documents that are tailored to meet the specific environmental or regulatory compliance requirements and address the target audience. You will also lean heavily on your verbal and written communication skills, including your ability to inspire excellence, creativity, and endurance.
This position also requires strong business development and marketing experience, project management experience and an understanding of the market and an ability to identify and effectively position ICF for new project work.
- Work with ICF’s cross-regional design team members and colleagues from our conservation planning, fisheries and aquatic science, and environmental and regulatory compliance teams to develop specific client and teaming partner relationships and build custom teams best suited to capture and win project work.
- Review and understand, designs related to stream bank protection, fish passage improvement, large woody structures, and other aquatic and riverine habitat restoration treatments.
- Work with project teams to develop technical approaches and prepare conceptual and detailed restoration and mitigation plans and designs, basis of design reports, other technical studies.
- Support obtaining environmental permits for project construction, working with permit specialists to provide necessary design project data and reports.
- Engage with clients and public agencies, tribes, and other stakeholders to understand project requirements, and key issues and concerns relevant to successful completion of the planning and design process.
- Attend project meetings and effectively synthesize complex and technical content into accessible and understandable language that is meaningful to a non-technical audience and helpful for decision makers.
- Provide oversight during project construction.
- Lead and contribute to the preparation of competitive proposals.
- Be a positive, fun, and supportive addition to our local office environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the following fields: Civil Environmental or Engineering, Ecology/Biology, Geology, Geomorphology, Hydrology or Landscape Architecture.
- 10+ years of experience in environmental consulting or related field with a focus on habitat restoration; with at least 5 years of experience in a lead technical and/or project management role.
- Experience overseeing technical studies and/or preparation of conceptual and detailed design plans for habitat restoration projects.
- A history working with private, public sector clients, and regulatory agencies
- Proven ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprised of engineers, ecologists, landscape architects, and other technical experts.
- Knowledge of the restoration market and a proven track record of successful business development skills, including client development, project capture, and proposal preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal management or oversight.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Seattle, WA (WA25)