Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Vice President, IT Modernization
We are looking for a Vice President to grow and manage our Engineering & Emerging Technology Practice. You will lead a portfolio of IT Modernization, Agile Software Engineering, and Data Analytics projects for ICF. The ideal candidate will be a proven IT Leader with a track record of superior client service delivery and growth. You will work with other members of the Division leadership team in the development of short and long-term strategic plans.
As Vice President you will be responsible for evaluating the capabilities of the Division and the opportunities present in the marketplace, and developing and executing a growth strategy which capitalizes on both. You will possess “seller/doer” leadership skills but will complement that with the broad vision necessary to lead and grow the business. You will be able to translate evolving Federal agency requirements, operations, and programs into new ICF engagements and relationships.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience leading a federal professionalservices organization, including recruiting and developing subject matter experts and managers to meet market demands and scale the business
- Excellent industry/customer knowledge and a demonstrated track record of success developing and leading growth initiatives and winning complex technology solutions opportunities within the Federal market
- Significant experience winning and leading strategic IT modernization and program management opportunities, especially with the civilian agencies
- A strong personal brand with visibility in the market with both customers and with key talent
Specific responsibilities to include:
- Lead, manage, and grow aggressively a P&L with approximately $50M in revenue and employees distributed across several states
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for the Business’s growth, business development, and operational initiatives, and effectively leverage company-wide resources
- Achieve division-level operating margin contribution goals through strategic pricing, coupled with cost-effective program implementation
- Oversee division delivery of client commitments, ensure effective program and project quality review processes, and drive a customer satisfaction culture
- Drive organizational capability by developing division leadership team members, identify emerging leaders, driving investment in new senior talent, and ensuring high levels of employee engagement across the business
- Enhance the division’s visibility with clients through leadership in innovation and advancement of state-of-the-art services and solutions. Guide the development of new offerings to capitalize on market/client opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a preference in Computer Science, Economics, Business, Engineering, Technology, or a related field (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 15+ years of progressively responsible general management experience in professional services and technology solutions and P&L management within the Federal Sector
- Solid experience leading and growing an IT modernization business unit. Preference will be given to candidates experienced growing a business that focuses on Federal civilian agencies.
- Broad knowledge of the Federal IT modernization and data analytics marketplace
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful growth strategies with relevant technology-oriented professional services businesses
- Experience as both a ‘seller-doer” and in working closely with business development teams on large-scale capture strategies and proposals
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)