Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Process Improvement Analyst – CDBG DR
Are you interested in helping Texas create communities that are more resilient in the face of future disasters? Join the ICF team and make a difference!
Our growing Disaster Management Division makes BIG things happen every day. ICF is seeking a Process Improvement Analyst to help the State of Texas manage federal grants to carry out strategic and high-impact activities to mitigate disaster risks and reduce future losses in its communities.
As a Process Improvement Analyst you will perform general tracking and data management activities using Microsoft Excel and QuickBase. You will be helping with day-to-day procedure writing and process diagraming to memorialize existing procedures on behalf of our client. You will also propose enhancements and improvements to streamline processes and create efficiencies. You will work directly with the client to make sure procedures are accurate, comprehensive, and in compliance with Federal requirements. Candidates must have excellent writing and communication skills.
As part of this role, you may also be tasked with providing additional financial support including invoice review and processing, forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget. A strong understand of federal financial requirements and disaster recovery grants is preferred.
You will be responsible for:
- Analyzing existing systems, processes, and functions and documenting these processes in Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Word.
- Developing new policies and procedures to document existing functions and processes.
- Proposing new procedures or enhancements to existing procedures to streamline operations and improve efficiency.
- Gathering and analyzing financial data for the project and developing financial reports.
- Reviewing project and program invoices from vendors and local governments.
- Reconciling projected and actual budgets.
- Support analysis of actual results against budgets/forecasts and determine variance drivers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, economics, finance, business administration, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience working in a similar role, such as accounting, process improvement, or ensuring compliance of federally funded projects and programs.
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong and demonstrable proficiency of advanced Microsoft Excel functions and formulas.
Candidates may be tested on their Microsoft Excel proficiency and writing skills if interviewed.
Preferred Skills :
- Experience managing federal funds (preferably CDBG or CDBG-DR).
- Successfully managing multiple projects, priorities, and competing deadlines and rapidly adapting to changing production requirements and schedules.
- Financial management, report development, and the use of data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Adobe Pro, MS Access or other database program/software, and SharePoint.
- Experience working in QuickBase.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Austin, TX (TX18)