Cost Estimator / Inspector Lead - Florida
ICF seeks experienced Cost Estimators / Inspector Lead to support our efforts in Florida to help homeowners recover from disaster through the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Mitigation (CDGB-MIT) program. All positions are full-time.
The primary role of the Cost Estimators is to develop scope of work and cost estimates based on documentation collected by the project team with input, when necessary, from the technical team. This position will also review cost estimates developed by FEMA. In addition, you will be coordinating inspections of homes for analysis to establish the damage assessment and/or home’s scope of work required to repair/replace damage from the fire and/or mudslides.
- Estimator is responsible for completing scope of work and damage assessment of homeowners. They will maintain a complete understanding of all applicable Program policies, requirements, and evaluating protocols.
- Evaluate project worksheets (PWs) for eligible damages
- Collaborate with licensed engineers on technical issues
- Coordinate and schedule inspections with homeowners to gather standard cost and other data
- Develop, using both web-based construction job analysis and cost estimator software and the applicable program guidelines, the repair scopes of work and cost estimates based on the site assessment results.
- Develop cost information and estimates for repair and/or replacement of disaster-related damage
- Ensure that inspections performed under the contract conforms to contract requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering preferred or 10+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of large-scale project experience, contributing at an operational, estimator or adjuster level.
- 5+ years of Construction estimating experience in the field of residential rehabilitation and new construction and/or insurance adjusting experience.
- 5+years of experience in web-based construction job analysis and cost estimator software, and/or CAD skills.
- 3+ years of experience with CDBG housing and/or FEMA hazard mitigation and similar programs/projects
- Knowledge of Florida Building Code and Florida Residential Code.
- Knowledge of Florida Community and Development Office Building Standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to work independently, and effective interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills; knowledge of creating tables and graphs in Microsoft Excel; ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Experience in one or more of the following functional areas: construction, project development, hazard mitigation measures, engineering, or architecture
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal regulations, policies and guidance within the FEMA Public Assistance Program
- We have mid and Senior level roles available. For the Senior level Certified Engineering Certification or other professional certification is required plus 10 years of experience as a Cost Estimator
- Experience with disaster recovery cost estimating and data reporting
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Remote Office (FL99)