Join the ICF team and make a difference! Our growing Disaster Management Division makes BIG things happen every day. ICF is seeking an Urban Planner to help the State of Texas manage federal grants to carry out strategic and high-impact activities to mitigate disaster risks and reduce future losses in its communities.
ICF has an immediate opening in Austin, Texas. for an Urban Planner. The ideal candidate will haveexperience in one or more planning specialties such as hazard mitigation, economic development, or comprehensive planning. The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the principles, methodology, and practices of research and data collection. Experience with CDBG or CDBG-DR funded projects and programs preferred. Responsibilities of the position includes, but not limited to:
- Helps coordinate local and regional planning efforts to ensure consistency and promote community-level and/or regional (e.g., multiple local jurisdictions) mitigation planning.
- Works with communities to develop resilient building codes and flood damage prevention ordinances.
- Interprets and applies state, county, and local codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Promotes sound, sustainable long-term mitigation planning and land-use decisions that reflect responsible floodplain management and consider current and future natural hazard risk.
- Evaluates existing mitigation program policies and guidelines to suggest improvements and process efficiencies, and to ensure compliance with federal requirements.
- Develops written guidance and job aids to build the capacity of local governments to administer mitigation programs.
- Develops effective communications tools and materials for the public to be able to understand policy positions, decisions and options.
- Provides technical assistance to local governments on administering mitigation programs and designing resilient infrastructure projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Public Administration, Public Policy, Sustainability or other related disciplines
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a public policy environment, including public policy development, code development and enforcement and/or hazard mitigation planning and plan development
- Well-developed knowledge of planning principles and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, GIS, and complex data analysis
- AICP Certification
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM)
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Remote Office (TX99)