Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Operational Data Scientist
The ideal candidate will understand and apply learning algorithms using large-scale systems to optimize the efficiency in generating useful insights and situational awareness from raw cyber data in a mission critical / operational setting. This candidate will be leveraging new and existing AI/ML techniques and application in the cyber defense.
- Ability to work on analytical problems from scratch with minimal supervision
- Integrate machine learning tools
- Construct, manage, and maintain large-scale, distributed systems in support of running large scale data mining analytics.
- Engineer systems which exercise data sciences, AI/ML, and mathematical and statistical modeling approaches using distributed processing for analysis of large datasets
- Design, develop, and integrate validated ML/AI models into existing or new production analysis systems.
- Recommend improvements and process to increase the reliability, efficiency, effectivenss and quality of the data and its insights.
- Collaborate with data scientists and cyber analysts in joint development efforts to integrate capabilities within existing systems.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or commensurate work experience.
- A minimum of 2+ years experience in data analysis programming including SQL, Python, R or Java in a Linux environment
- Experience with applying analytics in a mission critical / operational environment with an understanding of operational needs.
- Experience in ETL, data structures, data management and designing algorithms for high volumes/velocity of data and complex data types.
- Experience in distributed computing systems and their application in data analysis in large volumes of data such as Sun Grid Engine, Slurm, Hadoop, Storm, Spark, GreenPlum, Kafka.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Be able to communicate with non-experts about the underlying analysis and results.
- Have an in-depth understanding of applied mathematics and statistics.
- Able to utilize multiple open source and some proprietary toolkits and build solutions balancing cost, time, and ease of implementation.
- Experience in pattern recognition and detection using techniques including but not limited to Bayesian Probabilistic Networks, Neural Networks / Deep Learning, and Clustering.
- Experience in building and optimizing “big data” pipeline architectures and data sets.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)