Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Head Start Systems Specialist-Region VI
Head Start Systems Specialist – Region VI
ICF seeks an experienced Systems Specialist to support coordination and collaboration between OHS and OCC within the region. This position is home-based within 50 miles from the Regional Office.
- Work closely with the Head Start Collaboration Office, the State Advisory Council, the State Head Start Association, Child Care, and other early childhood providers and community partners to plan and implement initiatives such as state-wide Quality Rating Systems and State Early Learning Standards, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with ECE entities involved in State and local planning to better meet the needs of low-income children from birth to school entry, and their families.
- Participate on regional teams collaborating and linking with Child Care Resource and Referral networks, Head Start and child care programs and other organizations as appropriate to ensure all national priorities are being addressed within the region.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in early childhood education, child development or related degree.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience. At least 3 years with the provision of technical assistance and consultation to Head Start and child care programs.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with partnerships such as partnerships among Head Start/Early Head Start, child care and state prekindergarten programs;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in developing successful collaborations within state early childhood systems, familiarity with Head Start Program Performance Standards and other regulations; state child care licensing standards and regulations; and QRIS;
- Knowledge of state systems in the ACF region; and
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing to various audiences.
- Master’s Degree in early childhood education, child development or related degree.
- Knowledge of Head Start performance standards and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Experience at state and/or national level with policies, early care and education regulations, and systems, particularly the implementation of the Child Care and Development Fund and/or other state early learning programs.
- Experience with content knowledge related to child care licensing, subsidy administration, Quality Rating and Improvement Systems (QRIS), child assessment, State prekindergarten, and other early childhood programs and initiatives.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Remote Office (TX99)