Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Program Analyst - Policy & Governance
ICF is seeking a cyberspace operations professional, with prior military, civil service and/or contractor experience within HQ Air Force Space Command (AFSPC), HQ Air Combat Command (ACC), and/or 24 AF staff/subordinate units. Candidate will provide operations support and technical expertise to facilitate the transition of all core missions, functions, and tasks from HQ AFSPC to HQ ACC regarding Air Forces Cyber (AFCYBER), 24AF, and JFHQ – Cyber AFCYBER. Duties include support for all traditional elements of A-Staff support within a MAJCOM, coordination from the strategic level to operations level of war. In addition, there are numerous technical opportunities across the USAF’s cyber weapon systems portfolio. Initial team’s work is at ACC headquarters, Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Hampton, Virginia.
The Senior Cybersecurity Analyst will support a DoD client in efforts to support the development, review, preparation, and coordination of cyberspace operations instructions, technical orders, policy and guidance, Air Force Instruction (AFIs), and tactical manuals. Possess the ability to identify areas that need focus, build action plans, and execute by delegating with little to no supervision.
- Lead a team of cybersecurity professionals in an effort to create sound processes that analyze project requests or proposals (from the government) and make recommendations for changes or enhancements work more effectively and efficiently.
- Assist with the development, review, preparation, and coordination of Authority/Approval to Operate/Connect (ATO/ATC) requests to applicable Air Force (AF) systemsfor Commander ACC (COMACC).
- Assist with the administration of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) compliance reporting and the ACC Program Managers (PMs), ProgramElement Mangers (PEMs), and POCs with registration and compliance issues for information technology (IT) systems listed Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
- superior analytical/creative thinking skills, ability to assess complex processes and deliver practical solutions and the ability to lead a group or project to successful completion of goals or directives of management.
- Must be capable of organizing several complex projects and tasks effectively in order to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply sound principles and procedure in a variety of situations and recommend effective solutions to senior leadership.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience developing USG, or corporate policy and governance.
- Have working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Knowledge of United States Government (USG) cyberspace training principles, directives, methodologies, and approaches used in developing, managing, andconducting cyberspace policy and guidance.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a DoD Information Security Officer, or corporate IT Systems management
- Active DOD Clearance
- Ability to lead and work in team setting, as well as independently
- Self-starter: identify issues and create action plan for resolution
- Excellent communication skills
Key Tasks to be accomplished:
- Improve, Develop, and Recommend Cross Domain Solutions
- Across network domains
- Across warfighting domains
- Resource management of Cyberspace capabilities
- Assist with the Development and Employment of:
- Air Force Control Defense, Air Force Intranet Control, Cyberspace Defense Analysis & Cyber Security & Control System Weapon systems, programs, and capabilities
- Development, coordination, and preparation of Cyberspace staff tasks, such as CONOPs, CONEMPs, Enabling concepts, Roadmaps, Contingency Plans, and Tactics, Techniques and Procedures
- Support and execute HQ ACC Director of Cyberspace & Information Dominance roles and responsibilities
- Influence Cyberspace operations throughout the DoD
- Assist PPBE for Title 10/50 ISR and CS&R infrastructure development and sustainment.
- Assist with the standardization of support to cyberspace operations construct across the AF.
What you need to be considered:
Experience/knowledge of a full range of USG cyberspace operations principles, directives, methodologies, and approaches used in developing, operating, managing, and maintaining services and capabilities that support functional requirements.
Desired qualifications - Direct or Related experience in
- Three to five years’ experience in a Service Cyber organization
- AFCYBER preferred, however a sister Service also acceptable
- Operations level of war recommended (ex. AOC, Wing, NAF, MAJCOM, Air Staff or Service equivalent)
- One to three years Defensive Cyber Operational reporting experience
- Specifically with the new cyber incident reporting criteria for AF Weapon Systems
- Cybersecurity Service Provider activities (CSSP)
Additional qualifies for specific team positions
- Active DOD security clearance
Willingness and Ability to work full time in the Hampton, VA area. Potential for approximately 5 – 10% CONUS travel (National Capitol Region (NCR), Alabama, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Ohio, and Texas), dependent on mission need on client request.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)