Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
We are adding to our team in Melville, NY! We are seeking Electrical Engineers with a strong background in the utility industry and projects in the Long Island NY market. These individuals will be responsible for the development and/or understanding of technical specifications for our projects.This will include providing guidance to and resolving technical matters with contractors, evaluating preliminary and detailed designs for technical and economic effectiveness, creating engineering reports related to technical design, troubleshooting, control and quality. The best candidate will work with electric operations and construction contractors for set up of work, clearances and switching procedures for scheduled work, interact and communicate with contractors and operations on daily basis to ensure everyone is coordinated, and review the construction schedule and keep External Affairs (EA) in the loop of the schedule.
Some of the daily responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensures Company resources are used in a cost-effective manner
- Performs advanced technical/engineering problem solving in support of plant operations
- Develops engineering design change packages in support of maintenance or capital projects at power facilities
- Responsible for technical decisions and providing leadership to other engineers.
- Participates and/or leads teams that focus on specific problem areas or needs for generating units
- Initiates/participates in continuous improvement planning and implementation in assigned area of responsibility
- Coordinates activities with vendors/contractors
- Prepares written reports in assigned area of responsibility
- Recognizes problems and is proactive in helping to resolve them
- Provides input into the prioritization of Technical Services work activities in support of assigned generating station(s), as required
- Arranges for Technical Services support and involvement in root cause analysis efforts, development and evaluation of alternatives, and engineering studies, as appropriate
- Coordinates development of scope, schedule, and budget estimates for proposed projects
- Monitors overall schedule and cost performance on approved plant investment projects, identifies significant variances, and plans and implements corrective actions, as appropriate
- Monitors engineering design development and engineered equipment procurement/delivery activities on approved plant investment projects
- Monitors installation and startup activities on approved plant investment projects
- Arranges for and coordinates Technical Services support during installation and startup phases on approved plant investment projects, as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific field and experience in the power industry
- 6 or more years’ utility experience as a project engineer working on electrical distribution project with any or all the following: engineering, design, design support, field support for construction
- Ability to understand and interpret drawings and specifications; read, create and follow written policies and procedures, use PC and associated software applications to collect and analyze data and produce spreadsheets, databases, and reports, effectively communicate technical concepts (verbal and written)
- 3 or more years’ experience working with power plant systems and operations
- 5 or more years’ experience in electrical engineering discipline and its practical applications with detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations, applicable industry and HL&P standards and codes, project engineering practices and tools, safety and environmental regulations
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all individuals
- Background in Electrical Construction Project Management
- PMP or other certification
- Experience in the Long Island NY utilities industry
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Melville, NY (NY21)